Xbox Update just bricked my console!

Soldato
Hey guys, I installed the update this afternoon - and after about 5 mins play the console froze. No biggy, figured it was someone telling me to go back to work anyway.

This evening, I turn it on, and after about 5 minutes play, this time is just dies. Turns off no warning - even the controller was left confused. Now I get no response what-so-ever from it. Totally dead.

So quite annoyed, so I go online, register the Xbox (which I hadn't done before) and what do I find... the warranty ran out 6 days ago. Hmmmm... that's a bit suspicious isn't it!!

Anyone else had problems? Do you reckon they'll still fix it under warranty?

Soldato
I liked the part where you implied Microsoft intentionally bricked your console now that it is out of warranty, mwahahaha :p.

Soldato
OP
:p I didn't intend to imply it... I intended to outright state it unquestionably :p

Bit odd though, it keeps doing it. The powerbrick keeps going red, killing the power to the 360. Not sure if its the powerbrick at fault or the 360... never done it before today and nothing about it's environment has changed.

Associate
you lucky person lol. I've had that problem 3 times! Very first xbox died a week after warranty ran out. 2nd xbox 4 days after and the last one was about 2 weeks after.
I still have one of the old white ones, still going strong *touch wood*

Back
Top Bottom