Christmas Morning

Soldato
What is your Christmas day routine?
We get up around 8ish and have coffee and presents. Then its preparing the Christmas dinner with Christmas songs on in the background and a glass of something tasty. Then a long leisurely relaxed Christmas dinner with my lovely mum and dad in law.

Associate
Christmas day is a lot different when kids aren't involved. When I was little it was whoever woke up first between me and my sister woke the other one up and ran into the parents room screaming. Now it's just get up at whatever time, the sister comes round, open the presents, start cooking the food at 11/12 (it's all prepared the night before so all you have to do is come down and turn the oven/gas burners on) and have dinner when it's all cooked. Then it's just a normal day after that.

Man of Honour
Get up earlyish, nice light breakfast, open a few presents, me and my dad head to the pub for a beer or 2 while the dinners on, get home, have dinner and open any remaining presents.

RJC

RJC

Don
When we were younger we used to get up early, but now it's up at 9ish we have a drink (Tea / Coffee) and breakfast.

Dad starts sorting the meat for cooking whilst every is showering ect, then around 12ish usually we start present unwrapping.

Soldato
Up early with the kids, they can open their stockings, get the kettle on to wake up, then bubbly, breakfast which for me has to be smoked salmon and either cream cheese or scrambled eggs on bagels.
More gifts and that. Then out for a ski, back for lunch, more drinks, more presents.

The way to do it!

Associate
Up early with the kids, they can open their stockings, get the kettle on to wake up, then bubbly, breakfast which for me has to be smoked salmon and either cream cheese or scrambled eggs on bagels.
More gifts and that. Then out for a ski, back for lunch, more drinks, more presents.

The way to do it!

That sounds great, especially the skiing part...

For me: wake up around 9, have tea, open presents with mother and sister. Around 4 or 5 head over to my partners house, open presents, maybe eat, get wasted.

Soldato
Normally up around 7am and unwrap christmas stockings (silly knik-knaks etc). After that comes a breakfast.

Then mid-morning everyone else goes to church (I stay at home and sort out the pressies). When they come back it's time for some booze and opening the pressies up.

Soldato
Get up, full english breakfast open presents, kanoodle with the GF. Then visit parents for teas etc.

First xmas in our new house together so we have 2 meals on xmas. Bring on the Pig in blankets!!

Soldato
Panettone for breakfast at about 11.

Relax and open presents.

Dinner at between 2 and 5. Snooze

Pick at food at around 11pm.

Lovely; bless my mum for being so awesome.

Don
I have no kids, but the wife LOVES Christmas. I'm quite happy to stay in bed for a number of hours, but she isn't. It's likely we'll be up around 9. Open presents, have some Prosecco. We have a tradition where we go meet our best friends down the pub for an hour or so between 12-2. Then it's off to her mums for more presents and feed, then it'll be a party on the night.

Soldato
Normally/ in previous years, Christmas begins for my girlfriend and I on Christmas Eve when we spend as much of the day as possible (due to work etc) with my parents, have a lovely buffet dinner finished off with a baked alaska.

Normally play a few fun games and have a good laugh maybe open a pressie or two then head home.

Then Christmas Day we spend the day at home just the two of us, get up usual sort of time and have a lovely breakfast of smoked salmon, scrambled eggs and croissants.

Then we start the food going (all veg etc prepped the day before so it's nice and simple).

Then presents and chocolate etc.

Lunch as and when it's ready.

More pressies then tv/films, food and drink till bed time.

The Boxing Day we get up as normal, head round to her parent's house along with her sister and nieces and nephew, have another full christmass dinner. Then it's more presents (mainly for the kids sadly) followed by more food and drink.

So a good three day extravaganza!!!

This year will probably be a bit different as we now have a little boy who will be 11 1/2 months come christmas, so it will be a bit more chaotic but hopefully lots of fun.

Soldato
When I lived at the family home and my Dad was still around:

Wake up. Have a cocktail, usually a Bloody Mary, Margarita or just a G&T. Fry up. Help with any cooking prep. Go and get dressed, wait for everyone else to wake up, get dressed and have breakfast. Make sure everyone has a drink and then begin opening presents. Finish that, play with presents, chat with the family, watch the TV and have some more drinks. We'd sit down for lunch at around 3 and stay at the table until around 7 just eating, drinking and chatting.

Soldato
Wake up around 8ish, have light breakfast and make a cup of tea. Then proceed to open presents whilst drinking the tea and smoking a cigarette. Then pub for a few whilst mother gets the dinner sorted.

Back
Top Bottom