Stulid Tested all of OcUK Thermal Paste Range

Soldato
• The results were all gathered later at evening/night and on cool days, I avoided the four day heatwave we have had this summer.

I appreciated that you tried to keep it even, but this still guesstimation :)

I realise I probably started this in the wrong tone and I don't want to argue with you or anyone else here (well, except for a couple of derps in GD ;)) and this big group test (even without ambients) is still better than no big group test at all :)

Soldato
• I have had these pastes for a month, so they each had enough time to cure, some (such as the Gelid GC says it doesn't even need curing)
Cure time has nothing to do with how long you have had these pastes.:D

• The results were all gathered later at evening/night and on cool days, I avoided the four day heatwave we have had this summer.
evening/night and on cool days is not a valid temperature baseline.

I know you put a lot of effort into this but that doesn't change the fact that there is no baseline to use to evaluate your temperature reading, the results have little or no meaning.

Your spread-ability results are good.

Associate
Pretty sure my GC Extreme did cure after a couple of days, as temps dropped considerably at 4.5GHz. Went from 85c to 76c or so full load and I think voltage was the same as well as ambient. Seems strange to me, maybe it just had to prime itself on my new CPU? :D I find it really easy to use, not messy like my MX-2 and won't kill anything like my AS-5. :D

Caporegime
Arctic Silver 5 is so old now, but still so good... Something tells me they really did come up with a winning formula back then. No wonder it has been a favourite for years.

Soldato
Arctic Silver 5 is so old now, but still so good... Something tells me they really did come up with a winning formula back then. No wonder it has been a favourite for years.
Second that. Expected it not to fair that well. Have a tube which I've been happily using the last 3-4 years

Soldato
Cure time has nothing to do with how long you have had these pastes.:D

evening/night and on cool days is not a valid temperature baseline.

I know you put a lot of effort into this but that doesn't change the fact that there is no baseline to use to evaluate your temperature reading, the results have little or no meaning.

Your spread-ability results are good.

a few heat/cool cycles are need really over 2/3 days i would guess?

Associate
Great review, its nice to see the product & the chart with the ease of use is very welcome !

AS5 I have always used buy after reading this I'll try the MX-2.

Associate
Out of curiosity, I have to take apart my PS3 which has just died from the YLOD (Yellow Light Of Death).

I am going to be playing around with and and will need to paste back the CPU and GPU. Would you simply recommend the same top rated compounds for the PS3?

Regards

*edit*

The Gelid Extreme is looking good

Last edited:

IC3

IC3

Soldato
My temps on i5 2400 stock with thermalright true spirit 140 at 960-1000rpms idle are 30 31 36 32 using IC diamond 7c are they bad?

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Been busy lately.

But heres a few answers:)

• The Gelid is great, spreads nicely, good price, non-conductive.

• The i5 2400 temps a little high I feel (maybe some curing if its been recently applied will help knock 1-2C off), but it all depends on your room temperature etc.

Back
Top Bottom