***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

TJM

TJM

Associate
Mine just arrived at work. The order status on the Play store is 'Shipped' and I ordered at about 7.30pm, when it was predicting a 4-5 week wait.

Man of Honour
Also just had a chat with the 'Google guy' and according to him, TNT messed up some orders and sent out incorrect tracking numbers. Apparently orders are getting processed on a first come first serve basis so it would be interesting to see if these 4 - 5 week orders being sent out are legit?

I'm sure we'll find out soon!

Mine just arrived at work. The order status on the Play store is 'Shipped' and I ordered at about 7.30pm, when it was predicting a 4-5 week wait.

Looks like it's luck of the draw right now.

GeX

GeX

Soldato
What on Earth are Google doing.. it's like they are trying to punish the people who want to get their phone as soon as possible.

What a total ballsup.

Associate
My status in my google account has changed to delivered , yet my tracking reference for either consignment number or customer reference is invalid with and without the #. I've sent a text to the wife but I'm beginning to imagine all sorts of scenarios where google think they've sent something to me when in reality it's been sent to someone else.

Soldato
Not very good from Google. I have one ordered at 5:07 and nothing. Considering they were late coming on the first orders must only be 1 minute before that.

I'm the same - still nothing. Should have ordered at 7:30-ish !

I've spent the last 2 years using a HTC Desire. A couple more weeks wont kill me....

Waiting for good things only makes them better.

Soldato
Not very good from Google. I have one ordered at 5:07 and nothing.

Exactly the same here, 5:07.

If I'm honest I'm not in a huge rush, and I was perfectly happy with the 1-2 weeks they quoted. But it is annoying when you see all the people who ordered later getting theirs, plus you have to wonder if they will run out before they get to the early orders.

Associate
This phone is FAST. Loads faster than my S3 for me personally. My test is on my train journey in and I found this morning pages were loading blindingly quick - near instant.

Having come from the S3, I instantly saw the difference in terms of saturation screen wise, but for some reason, I think I prefer the N4's. Can definitely notice the increase in PPI. Dare I say it, more in line with the iPhone....

So all in all, really pleased with it. No rooting it for me though - the whole S3 issue has made me realise that I'd rather keep it stock and have the warranty there if anything goes wrong.

Associate
Exactly the same here, 5:07.

If I'm honest I'm not in a huge rush, and I was perfectly happy with the 1-2 weeks they quoted. But it is annoying when you see all the people who ordered later getting theirs, plus you have to wonder if they will run out before they get to the early orders.

same here! i feel evil is being done (well a little bit)

Associate
Popped off a quick email to google customer service enquiring as to why later orders where being completed already, no response yet and if im honest don't expect it to change anything, but it felt good to vent a bit of the annoyance! :p

Mine was at 5:07 and still no joy :(

Soldato
This phone is FAST. Loads faster than my S3 for me personally. My test is on my train journey in and I found this morning pages were loading blindingly quick - near instant.

Having come from the S3, I instantly saw the difference in terms of saturation screen wise, but for some reason, I think I prefer the N4's. Can definitely notice the increase in PPI. Dare I say it, more in line with the iPhone....

So all in all, really pleased with it. No rooting it for me though - the whole S3 issue has made me realise that I'd rather keep it stock and have the warranty there if anything goes wrong.

I'd still send the s3 back though, i very much doubt they will pickup on the root especially as it seems a main board failure or if the contractor will even care.

Associate
meh, why's my tracking number not work :(

Radio silence from wife about if anything's been delivered + the shipping reference code does not work, the tracking number is 10 digits long with no alpha characters. I've tried the number both as a consignment number and a customer reference with and without the #. Any suggestions what I might be doing wrong ?

Back
Top Bottom