***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

Associate
Why would you need ammunition for Google?

Unless they've missed your deliverly estimate, you don't have any complaint*

*Other than "waaaaah it's not fair that someone has a phone and I don't yet".

You mock but the next time you que for something you want I'm sure you'll just smile and forget it if a couple people who are behind you in the line get served first....then when a couple more get served again you'll keep smiling....and keep smiling....

Thing is mate if you always say life isn't fair get over it, it will always be unfair and nothing will ever change. Don't blame a guy for trying to fix or at least understand googles clearly unfair shipping policy.

Associate
My friend just had his delivered he ordered after 7pm after i finally persuaded him to order it :rolleyes:

I was winding him up after he got a 5-6 week shipping email dont i feel stupid now lol

I ordered at 5:07 1-2 week delivery time window and its still pending (Remain patient :D)

Last edited:
Associate
im not sure why people are going on about shipping dates on the nexus 4.

When you ordered phone it said estimated time till shipping was 4-5 weeks

So with this in mind i wouldnt expect the phone to ship until 4-5 weeks.....

I ordered just gone 5 and haven't had any payment taken out of account yet and no email to say whether mine has shipped, nor do i expect one until January.

why you expect any different??

Associate
im not sure why people are going on about shipping dates on the nexus 4.

When you ordered phone it said estimated time till shipping was 4-5 weeks

So with this in mind i wouldnt expect the phone to ship until 4-5 weeks.....

I ordered just gone 5 and haven't had any payment taken out of account yet and no email to say whether mine has shipped, nor do i expect one until January.

why you expect any different??

Actually mine said 1-2 weeks, and your quite right about expecting when the estimate states except given what people are saying on this forum, you with your 4-5 week estimate are likely to get yours before me!

Associate
imagine you arrived at a restaurant and they said hello sir, the wait for a table will be about 30 minutes, you say that's fine, i'll sit here and wait... then more people turn up, they get told they'll have to wait 45 minutes and come and wait with you, then more people at 50 minutes.. now the waiter comes over.. a table is ready, but oh no, it's not for you it's for the other people, and another table for the people who turn up afterwards.. you'd be a bit peeved off if you're sat there still hungry and waiting half an hour later while everyone else is chomping on their food and glugging back their vino!

Caporegime
im gonna try and swap mine, its 2 weeks old? o2 should do this right ?
Yeah under SoGA, and as its under 30days Id expect a new replacement, though Im not 100% sure if thats a legal requirement (normally its up to the retailer to decide what route they take - replacement, repair or refund)

Id be miffed if I didnt walk out with another brand new phone though - good luck!

EDIT: Hmm just saw the above reply - assumed it had faulty LED notification?

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
imagine you arrived at a restaurant and they said hello sir, the wait for a table will be about 30 minutes, you say that's fine, i'll sit here and wait... then more people turn up, they get told they'll have to wait 45 minutes and come and wait with you, then more people at 50 minutes.. now the waiter comes over.. a table is ready, but oh no, it's not for you it's for the other people, and another table for the people who turn up afterwards.. you'd be a bit peeved off if you're sat there still hungry and waiting half an hour later while everyone else is chomping on their food and glugging back their vino!

That happened to me, I needed a 4 seat table and the only ones that came up were 2 seats and the people after me were couples.

Caporegime
As long as you get it within your specified delivery window (or before) who cares when other people get it?

If you feel angry send a complaint letter to google. If you feel really angry cancel your order.

Clearly they have had some sort of issue with their ordering system, I don't think calling up saying "person x ordered 5 hours after me but got his already" is going to make any difference. You are not going to magically gt pushed up the queue, and asking other people for there order details to wave in the face of Google CS reps seems a bit desperate to me.

Prior to 2 days ago no-one was expecting stock to arrive till January anyway, so I see anyone getting it before that as a bonus. A quoted delivery estimate is not a binding contract!

Th table booking for dinner is a stupid comparison as well, food you need to eat (or time you booked to eat it) is in no way comparable to a mobile phone ordered over the internet.

/rant

rp2000

Associate
Th table booking for dinner is a stupid comparison as well, food you need to eat (or time you booked to eat it) is in no way comparable to a mobile phone ordered over the internet.

Then remove food from the analogy and the point remains the same? If you were in a carphone warehouse store lining up for the nexus 4 and the people behind you in the queue were given the phone first for no apparent reason would that not annoy you? Does that not seem unfair to you?

Soldato
led is broke. and sticky power button. i guessing that is when i dropped it yesterday. tried factory reset, gonna try a swap as its 2 weeks old, when i say swap i mean for another one.

Caporegime
Clearly they have had some sort of issue with their ordering system, I don't think calling up saying "person x ordered 5 hours after me but got his already" is going to make any difference. You are not going to magically gt pushed up the queue, and asking other people for there order details to wave in the face of Google CS reps seems a bit desperate to me.

Prior to 2 days ago no-one was expecting stock to arrive till January anyway, so I see anyone getting it before that as a bonus. A quoted delivery estimate is not a binding contract!

/rant

rp2000
Considering thats directed at me Ill reply, the issue isnt regards changing my delivery date (never expected it to, hell I was happy with 1-2weeks), but just the understanding that when theyve said 1-2weeks it actually will materialise. I normally wouldnt question this but their ordering systems obviously buggered up right now, it buggered up 2 weeks ago and the same issue happened on their last launch. To wonder where that issue is within the order, logistics or despatch process doesnt seem to be an unnecessary question especially as this isnt an one off as far as Im aware...

Theres enough circumstantial evidence to question the information supplied, unfortunately they arent even able to entertain a conversation about this as as soon as I attempt to provide such points they kept advising that they cant discuss other peoples orders. All I want is to illustrate the issue, rather than allow it to be ignored...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Back
Top Bottom