Sleeping advice needed ZZzzz

Associate
Hey guys,
I recently secured a 40-/+ hour a week job (mon-fri) and was wondering if I could get some feedback on my sleeping.. I usually get to sleep for 1-2 and get up at 7 feeling like **** every morning. What kind of sleep would you aim for?

ZZZzzzzZZzz is it just a Monday?

Man of Honour
I aim for sleep that makes me feel refreshed in the morning. Shame it only happens once in a while.

Yes it is Monday and ZZZZzzzZZZZZzz......

Soldato
go to bed earlier perhaps ?

Everyone is different and i get by on 5 hours a day and that suits me fine and feel refreshed when i get up.

Soldato
Hey guys,
I recently secured a 40-/+ hour a week job (mon-fri) and was wondering if I could get some feedback on my sleeping.. I usually get to sleep for 1-2 and get up at 7 feeling like **** every morning. What kind of sleep would you aim for?

You should go home to roost, ask yourself why do you go to sleep so late?

Stop watching the pron and get to bed on time! lol

Associate
OP
You should go home to roost, ask yourself why do you go to sleep so late?

Stop watching the pron and get to bed on time! lol

Good point, I spent all last night overclocking my pc, I guess that's kind of sad how I value things =P Sometimes I can get up with 3 hours sleep and not feel a thing but yeah, I think I might try get some more Zzzz's.. hopefully not at wor..wo..ZZzzzzzz

Soldato
If you change your lifestyle (which you have), you need to reassess your sleeping patterns. Try aiming for bed at midnight and see how it goes. At 11pm start doing something to unwind yourself (a book in bed?), it'll make sleeping at an earlier time easier.

Soldato
I go to bed at 11, alarm goes off at 6:20. Usually I'll start going to bed at 10 halfway through the week.

Sleep is good, enjoy it. You need something to signify the end of the night or you'll just sit on your pc for ages. I have my missus to chide me away from the glowing screens, but I used to find a quick tommy tank was a good way to say "alright, bed-time".

Caporegime
Have you thought that it might be your diet causing you to feel tired in the morning? Or your fitness levels?

I generally only have 6 hours a night and feel fine in the morning.

Associate
OP
Have you thought that it might be your diet causing you to feel tired in the morning? Or your fitness levels?

I generally only have 6 hours a night and feel fine in the morning.

I am currently a big guy.. The plan is to get up at 6 and take the dogs for a walk every morning, I just feel that 5 hours a day to myself isn't enough, I feel robbed off my time! I guess its normal though when your working full time =)

Soldato
Go to bread earlier and do more exercise in the day/evenings. I find that if I sit from 6-11.30pm ish I don't sleep as well because I have sat and rested a bit before hand.

Just try to keep your self active till 8ish then you can sit till 10/11 and sleep properly. Only way I have made early starts possible really.

Caporegime
I usually do 11:30/12 - 6am, and can manage ok over the week (I catch up sleep on the weekends).

I have found that sometimes even the same number of hours sleep can result in being tired or refreshed, and this makes me think the concept around cycles of heavy sleep (REM sleep) and lighter sleep having an effect on how you feel if you wake up during them.

Soldato
When I work full time in the summer I find my sleeping pattern the best! University owns me because some days I'm in for 9, some for 10, some for 11.

When I'm in at 8 everyday at work in the summer I get to bed at 11 every night easily. Routine should eventually pull you in and you'll be fine.

Associate
Hey guys,

7 hours minimum.

I'd feel like crap if I only got 5 hours sleep a night.

Back
Top Bottom