***The Official LG Nexus 4 Thread***

Associate
Sweet my bumper has been shipped, ordered Dec 5, 2012 12:30:39 AM PST (no idea why it's PST)

Got a bit excited when I saw the shipping email, shame it's only the bumper and not my N4....

Associate
Anyone having any issues with the GPS?

It's the one thing I didn't test when I got the phone and I came to use it tonight and I simply cannot get it to get a GPS fix in maps whatsoever.

I've got GPS test and GPS status apps to try and have a look at it but they both seem to get a fix without a problem, however I'm not entirely sure I'd see a problem if they were showing me. Anyone with any knowledge on troubleshooting GPS at all?

I've cleared map data and cache with no luck.

-EDIT-

I've worked out the problem......I thought I had every location setting enabled after disabling them, however I forgot about:
Accounts->Google->Location Settings and make sure the "Let Google apps access your location" is ON.

Which I found on XDA. My own silly fault, however there were no prompts to say that there was a setting disabled, had me most confused for the last hour.

Last edited:
Soldato
Bought a £2.68 sim cutter from the bay, tried it on an old sim card I had laying around. Worked perfectly using the adaptor in my current phone.

So should work ok on my normal sim when the N4 arrives.

Soldato
Has anyone in the 3 to 5 business days received any email from Google?
Not that I've seen and I've been keeping pace of the xda thread as well.

I'm also a 3-5 day'er, from what I have seen from the people that have phoned is that google have no real information just blaming TNT and saying it will probably be delivered tomorrow.

Associate
Not that I've seen and I've been keeping pace of the xda thread as well.

I'm also a 3-5 day'er, from what I have seen from the people that have phoned is that google have no real information just blaming TNT and saying it will probably be delivered tomorrow.

Thanks! What I still don't get is why someone at Google stands up and says enough is enough and try and at least try and sort this mess out.

I am a 1 - 2 weeker but the lack of information is annoying coupled with the fact that people who ordered after got their phones first.

Associate
My old Xperia Arc has a screen resolution of 480x854, but most wallpapers are 960x854 which spans 2 screens nicely and upto the 5 native SeUI screens with overlaps. I usually make my wallpapers from larger Desktop wallpapers etc by cutting them down to the correct proportions and resizing to 960x854.

The Screen on the Nexus 4 it's self is 786x1280, I'm not sure what size of wallpapers are but I assume (like with my Arc) it's twice as wide as it's single screen Resolution... so 1536x1280.

Although I believe the bundled Nexus Wallpapers installed on the phone are 1436x1196 which is a weird resolution! :confused:

Hopefully someone with a N4 will come along and either correct me, or confirm! ;)

Cheers, I also took a look at the in-built ones and saw they are 1436x1196. I'll have a go at resizing some desktop wallpapers myself in Paint.

Soldato
Has anyone in the 3 to 5 business days received any email from Google?

I haven't and by my reckoning tomorrow is del day, by not counting the 4th, Sat or Sun, every time I get an email notification I open it up to see its off play.com, YouTube or ****** extasybuyer spamming me.

Associate
Ordered 17:08 on the Tuesday it went back on sale and its still pending.

Same thing happened when I ordered the Nexus 7 but that was more annoying. People pre ordered after me and got it before me and then they released it in shops for a cheaper price while I was still waiting for it to be delivered from Google.

Google does not know how to launch products properly.

Last edited:
Associate
I ordered on 05/12/12

5-6 weeks and still pending.

So could be this week, next week, next year who knows. Be nice to get it in time for Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom