US: Hawaii Five-0

Soldato
Is anyone else watching this remade version of the 70's classic cop show?

We're now well into the 3rd series (depending on where you're watching it) and while I'll admit the four main actors are quite good, have good chemistry and seem to work well together. It just seems to be really dragging it heels lately:

Since the Wo Fat thing seems to have died a death and we now know exactly who Shelburne is it seems like every episode is now nothing more than a "filler episode" and it doesn't seem to be going in any direction at all. :confused:

And don't get me started on the utterly blatant product placement with huge adverts during the episode for everything from Windows 8 to Subway takeaways! :o

And, has anyone else noticed the gorgeous Grace Park seems to love saying the word "So" before pretty much every sentence? It makes her look like a complete retard! :mad:

Last edited:
Soldato
has season 3 started already? Didnt even realise!

The shows ok, it works best when its got a decent arch to it and gets a bit gritty/dark I find. Though those episodes are in the minority and it generally ends up being episode of the week/pure tripe.

still il have to look into season 3 - but im sure its more of the same.

Its shocking that Grace Park went from highly acclaimed role to this pile of doo doo, that requires zero acting skills.

Man of Honour
I've watched seasons 1&2. It's silly, fun and not a bad way to spend an hour (42 mins) relaxing. Season 3 hits Sky One on the 6th January at 9:00pm.

Soldato
I think it's quite a good show for what it is. Product placement does make me laugh - everyone drives Chevrolet apparently and everyone is using Windows 8 of course!

I do agree with above that the series seems to have lost its way a bit but no doubt it will carry on for a few more seasons as I think it's reminiscent of good old '80's shows like A Team and Knight Rider - turn your brain off sort of watching.

Soldato
It's awful now. It was never better then ok and the only really excellent episodes were the first and last ones of season 1. I'm personally dropping the show now

Soldato
Yeah i agree.. The product placement is coming in a lot more lately. Bones is having some silly car product placements, NCIS/LA is dripping in windows 8 placement as well. I guess its because a lot of people are now downloading so they factor that if they are not watching the adverts/breaks you cant get away from it if its in the show.

That said though its a fun show and i think they will have a push towards the end of the series to cliffhanger for the next, as usual.

Soldato
I agree, it is a show I look forward to watching week to week. There are quite a few big story arcs that they could open up should they wish but I prefer it when there are just stand alone episodes too.

I just wish Michelle Borth was more of a regular. :D

Soldato
OP
I just wish Michelle Borth was more of a regular. :D

Having watched the most recently aired episode (25-03-2013) it would appear you've got your wish bsoltan as the stunningly beautiful Michelle looked every bit the part in her bikini given the very small part she played in this particular episode. :p

They're still blatantly plugging many products from Windows 8 to Chevrolet but I have to admit I actually quite enjoyed this most recent episode and thought the side story of the (30+ stone) Kamekona gaining his pilots license was quite amusing. Now if only the equally gorgeous Grace Park would stop saying "so" before every line she's been scripted she wouldn't look like such a **** tard!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
There has definitely been a change of direction in this series and it has got better as it’s progressed. Decent storylines and much less of the Keystone cops that we had in previous series.

Soldato
OP
There has definitely been a change of direction in this series and it has got better as it’s progressed. Decent storylines and much less of the Keystone cops that we had in previous series.

Agreed - since I stared this thread three months ago the series does appear to have found its feet and is entertaining if anything else. :)

I used to love the original, and I love the remake

I'll Never watch the remake as the Original is a childhood memory I don't want to spoil.

4T5, you have good taste in cars (you have the MX5 - right?) - give it a try (see above) you might actually like it. :p

......kono is definitely better looking these days though...;)

Without a shadow of a doubt I agree :D

Back
Top Bottom