***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Soldato
i was wondering how the phone felt after you put he case on? did it feel much wider? and also how accessible are the buttons, can you very easily press press them as before?

Sorry mate, just seen this. No it's barely noticeable, it doesn't feel wider at all. I had a silicone case on before it as a temporary measure which was awful. Made the phone feel huge, the grip was great but the aesthetics were terrible. It also covered the buttons completely, this kinda worked, but personally it wasn't for me.

The Rock case leaves a cutout for all buttons which I much prefer, they are far more accessible. All in all it's a great case. The only (very) minor point is that when I put the phone to my ear, the corner feels a little 'sharp', not cut your ear sharp, but it just digs into my ear a little more than the corner of the phone used too.

Associate
Hardware Button Lights?

Anyone worked out how long the hardware buttons should light up for? Is there a default time...or is it app or action dependent?

Cheers

Soldato
Cool thanks :)

I know it comes with one...I'd like one for work and home though.

Ah crap I'm talking myself into this phone more and more everyday!

That is because it is awesome...AWESOME I TELL YOU!

Come on, everyone convince phate he's buying a new phone tomorrow. :p

Soldato
Not a deal breaker is it?

Unless you have a lot invested on Google (Android change over), I see Windows Live, Skydrive, Nokia Drive/Maps/gMap Pro and whatever WP8 Apps suitable for Google Chat (Only thing I don't use from Google).

There are plenty of third party apps out there for hardcore Google users too. gMap Pro is a good example.

Caporegime
Associate
from what i read on weave, the locksider app is only free for the next 48 hours, then it will have a price tag. its a fantastic background app, get it now while its free :p

Uvo

Uvo

Associate
I'm a bit late to the windows 8 party as I was waiting for Samsung but can anyone convince me one way or or the other
Lumia 920 vs ATIV S?

i'm slightly put off by the weight of the lumia.

Associate
I'm a bit late to the windows 8 party as I was waiting for Samsung but can anyone convince me one way or or the other
Lumia 920 vs ATIV S?

i'm slightly put off by the weight of the lumia.

hi mate, i havnt used the ativ s personally, but after owning the s3, my opinion of samsung greatly dropped. mainly i find the build quality and premium feel is dropping in samsung, but this is probably mostly my own opinion.

i recently decided to switch to windows phone and after much research and debating which handset to get, the nokia lumia's were the clear winners, for three main reasons,

firstly, there are a range of exclusive nokia only apps available such as nokia drive, maps, and a whole bunch of other useful stuff. you can buy other third party sat nav apps, but nokia's is by far the best and free. nokia are really developing hard for the windows phone range, and this makes it easier to move to windows phone.

secondly the camera on the 920 is far above the quality of any other windows phone. it takes amazing pictures, and with the addition of 'lenses' you can do some really neat tricks with it.

and thirdly is the build quality and attention to detail with the lumia 920. you really do feel like you have more than you £450's worth. when i first handled it, i was also surprised about the weight but you honestly do get use to it very fast. the screen is extremely fluid and clear as crystal.

these are my opinions, but as i say, i havnt had much of a go with the ativ, or read many reviews, hope it helps

Associate
sods law. Clove still havent found the problem with my handset! how the hell can that be?
so they are going to ship it today and hope to get it tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom