1Password 4 for iOS - Released!

Soldato
Hey all,

Just a quick reminder to all of you who are smart enough to have a thousand different passwords for each account you use on the net... :p

1Password - the leading password manager - has just released its latest version on iOS!

I'm just downloading now - but it's looking like a pretty nice update for anyone who used its previous versions, or not :p

Thanks,

Marky

Soldato
Cool thanks!

Edit: wait a minute, I already have a 1password app that syncs to my 1p on my mac, why don't I get the update? :confused:

Last edited:
Commissario
It's a major version upgrade from 3 to 4. I'm not convinced I need it as 1Password 3 does it all for me now.

I'd imagine there will be a new Mac version soon as well, no doubt chargeable.

Kol

Kol

Man of Honour
Good timing for this thread - as I have recently been thinking about getting 1password. Before I do (to ensure I get it right) I just need to buy the mac version for my Mac & the iOS version for my iPhone & iPad yeah?

edit - purchased the iOS version. Best purchase the mac version now or, as per Feek, should I wait?

Last edited:
Soldato
I've heard that they will be offering free upgrades to those who buy the Mac App Store version. However, I haven't found anything official. Before purchasing I would go check on their forum:

http://forum.agilebits.com/

I purchased via a bundle when I got my MBP so I'm hoping they offer a discount.

If you want to wait for v4 on the mac then you could use Dropbox sync to make your data available on your devices. You can open the password files in a browser without the app. I do this for my windows machines at work where I'm not allowed to install the app.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
On their forum they've stated that anyone who has the Mac App Store version gets a free upgrade to 4 when it's released.

However, they've just put the price back up - so maybe it'd be better to wait until 4 is released and hope they release it at a sale price

Soldato
Bought it on the spot. The new UI alone is worth it. The integrated browser for logins is really nice, one universal app for both iPhone/iPad instead of two separate apps. iCloud + Drop sync (both if you like).

My two biggest complaints on the "old version" where the UI and browser login support both of which have been addressed.

Also if you own the MAS version of 1Password, that will be coming with a free 4.0 upgrade soon and I'm expecting a tighter integration as the old version will become legacy.

Associate
I've been holding out on getting the iOS version for a while. But now that it's out, I jumped straight on it!

Lovely app. Now I just need to get my gf and family to use it.

rpg

rpg

Associate
Wow, £5.49 for what is essentially a password database app, and it says over 50% off for a limited time? No, it's not 'expensive' per se, but as far as apps go...

No thanks.

Associate
I've had the iOS and Mac apps for a few years now and I don't think I could live without them now. Plus the sync integration with Dropbox works just how it should.
iOS v4 was a no brainer, just cant wait for MAc v4 now.

Back
Top Bottom