Itunes on another hard drive

Caporegime
Using windows:

I have all my music on my F drive. I imported all that music when I set up itunes. Every now and then when I added a cd to itunes I forgot to link it to my F drive.

So I have been installing media to my ssd which I don't want to fill with music. I've now set itunes to rip cd's into my f drive but how do I move the ones I have already done?

Even though I clicked copy files over they are not on my f drive. So If I delete the music folder from my c drive the links no longer work.

Any ideas how I fix this without starting again with the files I mistakenly ripped to the C drive?

:)

Caporegime
OP
Right tried it and consolidated the files which transfers over to my f drive From c drive. When I look though lots of my apps are missing from mobile data in comparison to the file still on my c drive.

One of those apps is avhd player. So I'm reluctant to delete the iTunes folder in case I lose this program as its been removed from iTunes.

I'm half tempted to wipe iTunes and start again but would i lose these apps?

Soldato
Right tried it and consolidated the files which transfers over to my f drive From c drive. When I look though lots of my apps are missing from mobile data in comparison to the file still on my c drive.

One of those apps is avhd player. So I'm reluctant to delete the iTunes folder in case I lose this program as its been removed from iTunes.

I'm half tempted to wipe iTunes and start again but would i lose these apps?

I've not used avhd player so not sure but - if you downloaded them via an iPhone or iPad, you can just re-download them via your purchased section (in app store) and it should re-sync to the new itunes lib when you connect the device.

Worth a try, just back up the old files incase.

Back
Top Bottom