What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
After the locking of the 'This instant and moment' thread, I thought it'd be nice to have a place where the home mechanics / modifiers of cars on OcUK could post up what they've fixed or added to their pride and joy.

Today I've given my car a good check over regarding suspension bushes and related parts, and have ordered new rear discs and pads, a pair of front springs and a new tyre.

I plan to spend part of tomorrow cleaning the filthy thing out - it's a total tip at the moment.

So, OcUK - what have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Fiero's sun roof appears to leak intermittently, so after the downpour last night the roof lining was a bit wet. Seems they didn't have factory drain holes in '84 but there's a service bulletin showing where they need to be drilled. Appears an easy fix but a bit of a pain. Not checked if mine's already got them, mind...

The Firebird's sat under cover at the moment but I'm still really undecided what to do with it. Did have a look today just to make sure it was dry though. Booked in for a full day of rolling road tuning next week though, so it'll be interesting to see what the results are.

Idly been browsing the classifieds today for ZR1s, Maserati 3200s, other M5s, few Supras... Few things have interested me.

Soldato
Not a lot really just fitted some Xsara mist washer jets (massive improvement)
Removed bonnet soundproofing and replaced a relay that fixed the rear heated screen and heated mirrors

Soldato
Replaced the crappy old tax disk holder, cleaned the windscreen and managed to get the two rear seats stuck in the open position. Currently trying to work out the best way to mount a camera on the dash.

Soldato
I drove the 4007 to Tescos and back whilst marvelling at about a million idiots on the roads who all appeared to have 'last minute Xmas shopping rage'. Then when I got back I looked at the car and thought 'Jesus, it needs a good wash'.

That's how I roll, yo.

Man of Honour
I checked the oil in the Golf (it was fine), and put the Corrado battery on charge as it's flat having not used it in a while.

Back
Top Bottom