Sumvision Cyclone Voyager 10.1"

Associate
So after the delivery issues on the Ultima, I have two of the above being delivered tomorrow.

I was expecting that I would be able to run BBC iplayer using the App available on play store.

Am I mistaken or should this work?

Associate
It should work, If it is on Jellybean you will need to install BBC Media Player off Google Play, I bought a Ultrapad last week with Jellybean 4.1.1 installed and it worked fine, I also bought a Galaxy Tab 2 yesterday, It is also on Jellybean and installed BBC Media player and again it worked fine.

Associate
OP
OK, I got my two this morning here is the latest, the BBC iplayer APP on Google Store does not appear to work on this tablet I have no idea why. I did also download BBC Media Player but that did not help.

Downloading Flashplayer for Android version 11.1.115.34 and using the browser does allow you to watch BBC iplayer.

I am hoping the more technically astute of you out there can tell me why the App does not work when it appears to be viable on other Android tablets.

Great tablet though very very smooth and feels really nice to hold, much lighter and thinner than I expected!

Associate
I've got one of these tablets too, had it for 2 days. I seem to have this issue where the right side of the screen seems to randomly stop responding to touches and the only way to get it to work again is turning it off then back on. Should I RMA?

Soldato
I've got one of these tablets too, had it for 2 days. I seem to have this issue where the right side of the screen seems to randomly stop responding to touches and the only way to get it to work again is turning it off then back on. Should I RMA?

Just got one of these for someone here and it's doing the exact same thing. Can't find any information on it, but it's definitely not right and I'm thinking RMA is the way to go, personally. Perhaps it's a faulty batch?

Associate
I can echo the two comments above, it's not all the time but a quick on/off sorts it out.

Received one yesterday am for my son(from another place still doing them @ 150) to replace an Archos 101g9 that had really bad touch screen issues. In comparison the Sumvision is twice the tablet, he is ok with rebooting it but I'm going to keep an eye on proceedings as an RMA might be needed if they don't issue a firmware update soon.

I am starting to think paying under <£300 for a 10" tab is false economy...

Associate
the keyboard problem seems to be Jelly Bean - look on the web and you will see people reporting it with other tablets. For iPlayer, the problem is that for some totally bizarre reason the browser identifies itself as an iPad, so Iplayer is expecting an app rather than than web access. the solution is:-
open browser
type "about:config" without the quotes in the address bar
nothing will seem to happen, but when you then go to settings/advanced and scroll down you will see some new options including "UAString" which will be showing iPad.
Click on UAString
select the "Android" radio button.

iPlayer will now work

Associate
Wondering whether anyone has any more experience/update re: the 'right-hand of touchscreen' issue? I picked up one of these after returning the faulty OcUK Ultima 10.1, however I experienced this touchscreen issue in the first few minutes of usage (whilst playing the sample/demo movie clip on it).

If people are finding that it 'settles down' or there is a fix then I may give it a longer go, otherwise it looks like I may be doing another RMA :(

Associate
OP
A quick update:

Using an old version of Flash we can watch iplayer as Gibbo does, in HD......not only that we also used the HDMI cable, connected it to a 47" TV and it produced a flawless picture.

On the screen locking, this still happens occasionally, a quick lock/unlock appears to resolve, but we have not had to reset yet........

My 7yo son bought this for himself, he was saving for an ipad and he loves it.

We have had lots of visitors over Christmas, many actually own ipads and all have been impressed by this tablet, I think once Android gets a little slicker we will see the end of the 'high' pricing for Apple products which will be a good thing!

Associate
Got it this week. Have to RMA due to couple of dead pixels but apart from that I really like it.
Will be getting the same again as a replacement.
Even though overclockers aren't listing it as such, it is in fact actually the BT(Bluetooth) model, and when I asked them before I purchased it they said it didn't have BT, but it does :) Has Cyclone Voyager-BT on the box, and says bluetooth on the front of the box under the features so don't know how they missed that?

The only negative point is the lack of USB charging.
Something I was wondering though, the charger is 5v 3a, but I wonder is the power requirement only 2a like most tablets and it only draws 2a from the 3a charger?
Would make it easier to get an external battery pack for it if that was the case, as most do 5v 2a.

I saw a couple that do 5v 3a with dual connection, but don't know can you get a cable that has (2xUSB-1 pin connection), or at least (2xUSB-any connection) that I can then get an adapter for to convert it to the DC pin.

Also does anyone know the actual name of the DC power pin connection?
What size and type exactly? as I want to get an external battery pack with USB outputs, so need a USB to whatever the name of the DC pin connection is.

Associate
Think I may go for this - have had webnote confirmation that it is def the bluetooth version on sale.

Quick query to owners - how bright and crisp is the screen? There are so many tablets with this internal chipset I think the screen may be the deciding factor (after reliablity and battery life of course!)

Thanks

Associate
Hi again

Went for the Ployer Momo 12 last week from Fleabay as the unit has a good rep for screen quality and general build. But I seem to have been sold a clone - no manufacturer or SN details on the back :( However was very impressed with it anyway ........ until I discovered a couple of faults so it's going back.

So checking OCuk tonight I see the Sumvision is back on offer. Suitably chastened I will now only buy from suppliers I can trust so this beast is back on the top of the list again :)

So would any owners please, please post their thoughts and feedback on this? (i am looking to watch videos, game, read ebooks and browse)

Have read loads on revoo but too many conflicting opinions on the screen etc (it is both bright and muddy!) so would like proper veteran opinions from you guys!

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom