The 'Everything Adobe Lightroom' Thread

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
My version is 3.7.1.1 ! ?

I have found version 3.11.26 on the Canon US web site as the UK Canon web site is version 3.4 ! ! :confused:

3.11.26 is the version you are using ! ? :confused:

Yes version 3.11.26.0 is the latest with HDR if you look under tools it should say "Start HDR tool"

Soldato
I have just got Lightroom 4 to 'try'.

I have loads of photo's.

I put them into Folders, for example.

Christmas 2010
Christmas 2011

Nephew 3rd Birthday party 2010
Nephew 4th Birthday Party 2011

Windsor Castle
Pets

etc, etc

Sorry, but what does this Lightroom actually do? I have only had a quick look at it. Is it a replacement for Photoshop, or can you NOT do the things Photoshop does with it.

Sorry for so many questions. Just not actually sure what Lightroom is for.

Associate
I asked something in another thread but maybe it should be asked here...

I pretty much use LR purely as an editor. While editing I use my SSD drive (nice and fast for intermediate TIFFs) then when I'm done I clean up and keep a backup on DVD/external HD. FWIW here's how I go about it:

1) Dump my RAWs into a separate folder on my SSD
2) Import into LR and edit away
3) When editing and final image generation has been done, I export the finished folder as a catalog from LR (go to Library, right-click on folder and choose export as catalog)
4) Remove the folder from the LR library

Step #3 gives me a folder containing the original RAWs and any intermediate TIFFs that got generated by using other tools (DPP, Photoshop, Topaz Denoise) plus an LR4 catalog file that holds all my editing steps for each of the photos. I then store this folder elsewhere (DVD, backup HD etc). I can reopen the saved catalog in LR anytime I need and all my edits are there, ready for additional tweaking.

Associate
So I'm gradually getting used to using LR as my primary editor, but I've not yet figured out how to do stitching in it (i.e. multiple shots in a panorama). I use the photomerge function in PS for this currently. Is there any way to do this using LR, or do people export their pics as TIFF/PSDs etc, stitch and then reimport?

Soldato
This thread really needs to be stickied at the top of the 1st page. It's a pain hunting for it when it's vanished in the depths of the spec me threads :p

I've FINALLY got around to buying Lightroom 4 now. I'm off to the Wales-France game in a bit, so may sneak a few photos. If not in the ground, outside it. I couldn't get a reply from the club about taking photos in there, so I'm going to assume I'm not allowed as it's private property, etc. Photos of people in the pub(s) it is :D

I also have man flu, and it's raining. I may die!

Soldato
Ah well, it was tipping down, so didn't take my gear. Another day of no photos, but I did find these when I was getting stuff ready yesterday:

http://www.presetsheaven.com/2012/03/07/7-free-vintage-presets-for-lightroom-4/
http://lightroomkillertips.com/2012/free-lightroom-4-presets-the-ultimate-fighter/
http://www.presetlab.com/ <-- this one wants you to like something on facebook. Personally I'm not happy to give someone all my personal information just for a preset, so I haven't downloaded this.
http://fstopspot.com/main/free-reso...lop-presets-for-portrait-wedding-photography/ (workflow not effects)
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchan...icky=true&sort=0&rnav_dummy_tmpfield=&Submit= Quite a few on the Adobe exchange too.

Associate
Hi there,

I'm using the trial for lightroom and when I hit "Import" it imported all my photos from my card to my OS drive, but I want to use a different drive to store my photos, anyone know how to change this, as I can't see it

Cheers

Soldato
I've been using this method for a while as I find it extremely quick, but thought I'd post in case others didn't know.

When making adjustments in the develop module, you can hover over the value and use your up and down arrows to adjust it.

JoVSz.jpg

Associate
I've been using this method for a while as I find it extremely quick, but thought I'd post in case others didn't know.

When making adjustments in the develop module, you can hover over the value and use your up and down arrows to adjust it.

Excellent - that's going to save me getting irritated by my mouse's over/under sensitivity on my next edit. Many thanks for that ScarySquirrel!

Soldato
Just trying to get back into photos after a long spell away and finally using LR4. COuple of questions:

WHen cropping and then using the hand tool to move the picture, is it possible to change a setting so that the hand is actually moving the crop boudary whilst the photo stays put? I've always done the latter on previous software so it's very counter-intuitive atm (bit like reversing axes in FPS)

Secondly, I created a develop preset upon import that automatically applies lens corrections based on my lens used, however it doesn't appear to be applied automatically. LR4 doesn't seem to be able to recognise the lens from the start but once I choose just the make, it correctly picks the model and profile correctly i.e. I have to nudge the software in the correct direction. ANyone had this or know what I may be doing wrong?

Associate
My hard drive has died, but i managed to save all my photos (phew!) - but had lost the edittng that i have done on them :( - never mind, i suppose it give me a chance to relive them all again!

one thing that would be useful the present that were available here, cant be downloaded, can one post these up again?

Associate
4.3 is out

capturefhf.png

Back
Top Bottom