*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
You can't stand using your finger? Is your finger made of sandpaper or something?!
Besides, you can't pinch or multitouch with a stylus like you can with fingers/thumbs.

Soldato
You can't stand using your finger? Is your finger made of sandpaper or something?!
Besides, you can't pinch or multitouch with a stylus like you can with fingers/thumbs.

That's why you have one attatched to each finger :o.

I want one of these, but buymobilephones.net are out of stock atm, and they offer the best deal on three :(.

Associate
Haha, well I just really like the accuracy of the s-pen. I only use it for making notes and maybe the odd doodle. But I make quite a few notes and I use it to literally organize everything.

I don't think I'd want a phone without a stylus, from now on Samsung Notes it is!

They did patent the design right? Hopefully......
If the S4 indeed does have an s-pen, people would realize how productive they can be, and soon apple will melt, and people wouldn't carry around those ghastly iphones.

Don't think I can go back to a smaller phone now either.

This was quite interesting. A bluetooth s pen that can be used to answer calls with if you're embarrassed to put the note 2 to your face :p

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Samsung-H...ting_LaptopAccessories_RL&hash=item3ccd865056

Price is pretty steep + don't think I'd like the extra weight + having to carry around something separate around with me.

Soldato
Haha, well I just really like the accuracy of the s-pen. I only use it for making notes and maybe the odd doodle. But I make quite a few notes and I use it to literally organize everything.

I don't think I'd want a phone without a stylus, from now on Samsung Notes it is!

They did patent the design right? Hopefully......
If the S4 indeed does have an s-pen, people would realize how productive they can be, and soon apple will melt, and people wouldn't carry around those ghastly iphones.

Don't think I can go back to a smaller phone now either.

This was quite interesting. A bluetooth s pen that can be used to answer calls with if you're embarrassed to put the note 2 to your face :p

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Samsung-H...ting_LaptopAccessories_RL&hash=item3ccd865056

Price is pretty steep + don't think I'd like the extra weight + having to carry around something separate around with me.

No, its a wacom pen so wacom have the technology patented.

And why on earth would you feel happier holding a pen to your head than a phone/phablet?

And ghastly iphones? :rolleyes: just enjoy what you enjoy and forget everyone/thing else?

Soldato
Associate
Well Apple are slowing down innovation. Manufacturers are not trying to produce the best phones they can unless apple produces a decent phone. They were setting the trends last year, until the end when Samsung sort of started to produce at their best. Since the iPhone can't really achieve much more, due to it's limited OS, it would be better if they weren't popular so there would be many other phones in the market and much more support for every app, since apple do get the odd app sooner + some support for android apps are pretty bad.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Apple aren't slowing anything down. CES hasn't even happened yet but we already know what the likes of Samsung are likely to be showing there and (bendy OLED screens and so on).

Soldato
Well Apple are slowing down innovation. Manufacturers are not trying to produce the best phones they can unless apple produces a decent phone. They were setting the trends last year, until the end when Samsung sort of started to produce at their best. Since the iPhone can't really achieve much more, due to it's limited OS, it would be better if they weren't popular so there would be many other phones in the market and much more support for every app, since apple do get the odd app sooner + some support for android apps are pretty bad.

what a load of balls, look at the junk everyone was turning out pre-iphone, I was completely attached to my iphone until google got their **** together to the point where there were viable alternatives.

If anything Apple have massively accelerated innovation to the point where its overtaken them at least in software.

Anyway, this is a note 2 thread not another apple/android "debate"!

Soldato
What case is the current cool kid? Tempted to get the Otterbox commuter for £29 from a certain rainforest, but don't want to spend that much unless I know it's of great quality.

What has everyone else bought?

Soldato

I half agree with this. They have done a lot, but are heading nearer to a monopoly of sorts. If this ever happens, nothing new or interesting will be made IMO.

Associate
Never said they didn't massively accelerate innovation the past few years, It has just been the last year when the 4s and now the iphone 5 came out, that they haven't really done much.

Associate
another question related to NOTE II.

my TV can do screen share so when I connect NOTE II to my TV both connect to each other fine. The problem occurs when I go to a video (You tube) click on share and try to share that via wifi-direct. When i click on it, i can see my TV as one of the devices but when i click on it and hit "done", nothing happens and I am taken back to this screen again where I need to choose a device to share to?

Also am unable to use ALl share cast feature too.

(I have been downloading some APPS but they don't allow live streaming to be shared!)

Soldato
****. Checked buymobilephones.net this morning in bed, Note 2 was back in stock, thought I'd wait until I could be arsed getting out of bed to order it. Get out of bed and it's out of stock again :(.

Soldato
I half agree with this. They have done a lot, but are heading nearer to a monopoly of sorts. If this ever happens, nothing new or interesting will be made IMO.

For me the last good Apple phone was the iPhone 4, after that it's only been tiny advancements since.

The turning point was the Samsung Galaxy S2. It was huge (popular wise) and showed people were ready for change from the same boring iOS

Since then Apple has been playing catch up and i'm suprise they haven't copied the Note 1 & 2 yet.

Don
For me the last good Apple phone was the iPhone 4, after that it's only been tiny advancements since.

The turning point was the Samsung Galaxy S2. It was huge (popular wise) and showed people were ready for change from the same boring iOS

Since then Apple has been playing catch up and i'm suprise they haven't copied the Note 1 & 2 yet.

To be fair though, it's not done them any harm. Look at how well the iPhone5 has been selling.

I love my Note 2. Not sure how Apple could do any better though.
The main thing I like is that it's innovative. It's different.

Soldato
Took the plunge and just ordered a refurbed one hopefully it will be ok, one question tho which Im guessing will have been asked before, i can root and flash as much as I want but if and when I need to go back to stock its pretty easy to day (i read about triangle away on the s3 thread when I had one so im guessing its gonna be pretty similar?)

Back
Top Bottom