Stale sacked by Wolves

Associate
Wonder who will replace him? I had a feeling Wolves would struggle to bounce straight back up, but I didn't expect them to be as poor as they have been. If they can get someone in quick and a few signings then maybe they can salvage something from this season.

Associate
O'Driscoll seems to be an early favourite for the job. I can't say I'm happy to see Solbakken go, but he just wasn't getting the results and telling the players to sit back was getting the fans backs up at the games

Last edited:
Soldato
Good, shouldn't have sacked Mick in the first place.

Stale had the biggest budget in the champ, all the money and the players (though a few unlucky injuries) but going out to Luton today and being 18th is just pathetic.

Pards will end up being the next manager there...

Soldato
First sensible thing from a bbc pundit in ages (Pat Murphy)

"I believe Stale Solbakken was toast whatever happened at Luton. Never found the dressing-room to lose.

"Why ex-Nottingham Forest boss Sean O'Driscoll did not get the gig amazes.

"Owner Steve Morgan's decision-making from 13 February last year has been poor."

Soldato
"We expect play offs or else"

Need to find odds for Wolves to be looking for a new manager come May.

At very least they are learning the compensation lessons that Newcastle will have to learn at some point....

Caporegime
Last season Wolves just needed to accept that their spell in the Premiership was over and look this season to steady the ship/build for re-promotion, sacking Mick McCarthy was just a desperate last gasp gamble at staying up and has now left the club in a worse state than it would have been.

Associate
Solbakken had a good record before joining wolves, will probably go back to Norway and be successful. Will be interesting who wolves get.

Back
Top Bottom