'59 Golf - Radio turning on and off on ignition

Soldato
I am currently driving a '59 golf 1.4 tsi and have had no issues with it since i got it in september.

Over the last few days ive noticed that on ignition the radio seems to turn itself on and off several times before operating normally. It has also happened once on pulling to a stop and parking the car.

Anyone got any ideas what might be going on ? Could it be serious and worth getting it looked at or worth waiting it out and seeing what happens?

Thanks

Caporegime
When you pulled to a stop and parked, did you turn off the key (but not pull it out) before it switched off? What stereo is it?

Initial thought is a dodgy connection to the switched ignition wire.

Soldato
PardonTheWait said:
I'm impressed if that's all that's gone wrong with it in 54 years.

I didn't even know they made Golfs back then, I thought they were still on the Beetle.

Well thats a fail, you couldn't even get the years right, best just stick to reading these threads instead of trying to be funny lol

Posted from Overclockers.co.uk App for Android

Soldato
'59 is an abbreviation for 1959, in reality he new you meant 59 plate but was referring to the way you wrote it. Welcome to motors.

I would take it back to the dealers and ask them to look at it, sounds like a poor connection or fault with the ignition switch (the radio turns off when you engage the starter so a fault on the switching is possible.

Soldato
Could be bloody anything with one of the newer vw's, the radios are turned on by the can-bus system which links into loads of stuff. Could be a problem somewhere with that system or the radio it's self could be faulty.

Defo get it in on warranty if you can.

Back
Top Bottom