*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Associate
Hi all, ok got 150 for my old note (as had 3 scratches on screen and lots on back) so am happy. Therefore brand new note II on way tomorrow.
Don't think I will route it, used Go launcher for my old note, but ill see how it looks with the stock launcher - thought about other launchers but didn't seem that intuitive..mind you I didn''t read any help :)

So what do people install once they get it (best set-up)..anything to not miss out on etc? (I know rather open ended question)

also was going to go t-mobile sim only full monty for unlimited everything, but colleagues at work laughed...seem most of whom were on tmobile said it was rubbish and went elsewhere. Anyone had experience of them etc? Are they that bad...in London btw regard reception but do travel around a little

cheers, looking forward to playing tomorrow!

Soldato
Hi all, ok got 150 for my old note (as had 3 scratches on screen and lots on back) so am happy. Therefore brand new note II on way tomorrow.
Don't think I will route it, used Go launcher for my old note, but ill see how it looks with the stock launcher - thought about other launchers but didn't seem that intuitive..mind you I didn''t read any help :)

So what do people install once they get it (best set-up)..anything to not miss out on etc? (I know rather open ended question)

also was going to go t-mobile sim only full monty for unlimited everything, but colleagues at work laughed...seem most of whom were on tmobile said it was rubbish and went elsewhere. Anyone had experience of them etc? Are they that bad...in London btw regard reception but do travel around a little

I considered this but be aware t-mobile doesn't allow tethering.

Soldato

I have this plan from Three, £15.90 a month on 12 month contract and find that in 10 months, I have not once gone over my allowance... It doesn't allow tethering, but if that is essential, you could always go for the £25 sim-only One Plan which gives more minutes and is also on a one month rolling contract.

You will need to specify the correct sim size...

Soldato
I have this plan from Three, £15.90 a month on 12 month contract and find that in 10 months, I have not once gone over my allowance... It doesn't allow tethering, but if that is essential, you could always go for the £25 sim-only One Plan which gives more minutes and is also on a one month rolling contract.

You will need to specify the correct sim size...

That's because that plan is all you can eat, you can't go over your allowance ;)

I got my first 3 sim last month, and it was a microsim within a normal sim that just popped out. I assume everyone would be sent that now. Is a nifty idea.

Soldato
Got mine today. Eventually.

was told it would delivered Friday. driver had too many parcels. didn't delivered Saturday as they had too many parcels.

Monday I ring to find out why it hadn't been delivered in the AM like the Saturday guy said it would and oh...it hadn't been put on the van. they where very apoligetic but for goodness sake what a bunch of *****

08-01-2013 09:58 Plymouth Depot Delivered
08-01-2013 06:04 Plymouth Depot Loaded to vehicle for delivery
07-01-2013 06:10 Plymouth Depot Loaded to vehicle for delivery
04-01-2013 23:37 Plymouth Depot Loaded to vehicle for delivery
04-01-2013 06:10 Plymouth Depot Loaded to vehicle for delivery
03-01-2013 23:18 National Hub Parcel placed into secure container
03-01-2013 17:34 Nottingham Central Depot Collected from customer

So I have it with this cover:
http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/sd-smart-stand-case-for-samsung-galaxy-note-2-black-p36921.htm

so quick question, can I move apps to this phone paid for via googleplay?

cheers guys

rotters

ps its a beast of a phone lighning fast compared to htc desire hd!

Associate
Got mine today. Eventually.

was told it would delivered Friday. driver had too many parcels. didn't delivered Saturday as they had too many parcels.

Monday I ring to find out why it hadn't been delivered in the AM like the Saturday guy said it would and oh...it hadn't been put on the van. they where very apoligetic but for goodness sake what a bunch of *****

08-01-2013 09:58 Plymouth Depot Delivered
08-01-2013 06:04 Plymouth Depot Loaded to vehicle for delivery
07-01-2013 06:10 Plymouth Depot Loaded to vehicle for delivery
04-01-2013 23:37 Plymouth Depot Loaded to vehicle for delivery
04-01-2013 06:10 Plymouth Depot Loaded to vehicle for delivery
03-01-2013 23:18 National Hub Parcel placed into secure container
03-01-2013 17:34 Nottingham Central Depot Collected from customer

So I have it with this cover:
http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/sd-smart-stand-case-for-samsung-galaxy-note-2-black-p36921.htm

cheers guys

rotters

ps its a beast of a phone lighning fast compared to htc desire hd!

Once you sign into your Google account, all your paid for apps should download automatically :)

Soldato

cheers guys

Just log into your play account, press menu > my apps. It will have a list of all apps which are currently installed, swipe screen to the left and it shows another list of every app you have previously installed plus purchased apps. Install whatever you want from there. If there are some useless apps in that list which you may have just tried once or twice, you can remove them from the list if you have no intention of installing the app ever again.

Associate
I just got the Otterbox Commuter case in white/grey. I really like it, it makes the phone chunkier (if that's even possible) but I feel a lot better about it not getting damaged if i drop it, this case is a tank!

Man of Honour
Protection is imperative!

Today I was walking into the office and went to put it into my inside jacket pocket, completely failed and it slid through the jacket and on to the floor! The Nilkin case took the brunt of the force and scrape though and there are no visible marks :)

Soldato
I just got the Otterbox Commuter case in white/grey. I really like it, it makes the phone chunkier (if that's even possible) but I feel a lot better about it not getting damaged if i drop it, this case is a tank!

Still tempted to get that case. Just got a cheap case from the rainforest. Not a brilliant fit but can't complain for £4

Associate
I have the black otterbox commuter. It's really great! I like the sturdiness if gives to my phone and not having to worry about it getting damaged. Also makes it much easier to hold.

Associate
Just for reference I am rooted and using Omega v10, with nova launcher, the phone is 100% how I like it now, I really love the spen switcher app that comes with omega as it conveniently switches the keyboard when you pull out the s-pen, then back again when you put it away, awesome!

Back
Top Bottom