V-Power & Regular Unleaded Comparison

Soldato
My oil burning 4007 runs smoother on BP Ultimate diesel. And I most definitely get a few more mpg out of it across the board.

My modded Mondeo TDCI is the same. I calculated an average of 4mpg more with it too which is about 50miles extra per tank on my commute (100+ on motorways!), and it's only for £4-6 extra per tank (call it £10 per month).

Man of Honour
What test?

You must mean another one unless you are confusing octane number with cleaning performance. Octane has nothing to do with the test I linked to and it certainly doesn't need the ECU to tell the fuel to clean the engine.

I'm commenting on people spending extra money on V-Power to clean the engine (most other fuels do this quite adequately) and/or with the expectation of better MPG (which would have to be a lot better to offset the higher cost). The only real, measurable, benefit of V-Power that is actually worth paying for is the extra power it brings to cars which can adjust their timing. And didn't we have this debate, many times?

Caporegime
I'm commenting on people spending extra money on V-Power to clean the engine (most other fuels do this quite adequately) and/or with the expectation of better MPG (which would have to be a lot better to offset the higher cost). The only real, measurable, benefit of V-Power that is actually worth paying for is the extra power it brings to cars which can adjust their timing. And didn't we have this debate, many times?

Please explain to me the cleaning additives used in normal and super and how thy differ.

Caporegime

Supermarket fuels don't though. That's the weakness the test highlights and shows you the reason to pay extra, beyond octane numbers.

Your are completely wrong about the only benefit being extra power.

No we haven't had a debate before, i dont recall one.
I work at an oil company's fuel development centre, there is nothing to debate as facts get in the way. However you may know more than me due to what you have read on the Internet.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Back
Top Bottom