Associate
Looking for a wide angle zoom for my 60D. Can't afford new
thinking either Sigma 10-20 f3.5 or Tamron 10-24 f3.5-4.5

The Tamrom is more affordable to me.
Am I losing a lot?
what else should I look at?
Have about £300-£400 to spend

Associate
I had the Sigma, it was fantastic, but I found myself using my Tamron 17-50 more frequently for landscapes.

Sold them both when I went FF.

Caporegime
I have a sigma 10-20mm f/3.5-4.5. Fr landscape work the slower aperture is fine and I don't cre about wide open performance, it is stopped down until at least f/11, often more and combined with hyper focal focusing techniques. At such settings the lens performs fine, and indeed most lenses work similarly at these apertures. What was important to me was having 10mm.

Be aware thatltra wide angle lenses are very difficult to use, probably the most difficult lens there is apart from tilt-shift. You have to work really hard on your compositional techniques to get good results.

If your reason for getting an ultra wide angle is that your current 18-xx lens is of wide enough then you are choosing the wrong lens for the wrong reasons. UWA are mainly used to get increased perspective, not to "fit more in".

Soldato
I had the Canon 10-22mm and it was great. I got it for £300 quite a few years ago and actually sold for more. Very sharp!

I'm looking for a new wide angle lens also but stuck on EF mount due to full frame so unsure what to go for. Sigma 12-24...

Soldato
You can get the Canon 10-22mm for about £360 second-hand. I'd say go for that, I had a Sigma for a brief moment then got the Canon. My Sigma copy wasn't particularly sharp though.

Back
Top Bottom