• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

which G-card is better?

Soldato
I'd go with the HIS. It's a bit bigger than the WF3X, so need to make sure it fits.

I like the exhaust cooling design, and runs very cool and quiet.

There's a review comparing the sound of various HD7950 with video recordings, the DirectCU II and PowerColor PCS were the quietest, followed by the IceQ.

I have the WF3X, it needs some fan profiling (with the Gigabyte software), otherwise it can get quite noisy (fan over 60%, noticeably noisy, but really never required more than 50-60% even at full tilt).

EDIT : Linky.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I'd go with the HIS. It's a bit bigger than the WF3X, so need to make sure it fits.

I like the exhaust cooling design, and runs very cool and quiet.

There's a review comparing the sound of various HD7950 with video recordings, the DirectCU II and PowerColor PCS were the quietest, followed by the IceQ.

I have the WF3X, it needs some fan profiling (with the Gigabyte software), otherwise it can get quite noisy (fan over 60%, noticeably noisy, but really never required more than 50-60% even at full tilt).

EDIT : Linky.

What about performance wise m8? On games such as bf3 on ultra settings? :)

Caporegime
The Gigabyte is running 50Mhz higher clock rate, thats about 2 FPS in BF3 on Ultra.

So out of the box the Gigabyte is perhaps a little faster, but clock for clock they are identical as they are both identical AMD 7950 GPU chips.

Associate
The Gigabyte is running 50Mhz higher clock rate, thats about 2 FPS in BF3 on Ultra.

So out of the box the Gigabyte is perhaps a little faster, but clock for clock they are identical as they are both identical AMD 7950 GPU chips.

actually you will find that the iceq boost clock is 25mhz higher as standard :p

Caporegime
For RMA, the Gigabyte is the preferred choice, though as mentioned, the HIS will be quieter under load. I have the Gigabyte Windforce cooler on my 480, and I find it quiet enough when gaming. However, noise is somewhat subjective, so my choice might not suit everyone.

Last edited:
Soldato
I know a guy who bought a dead Gigabyte GTX 590 on the bay for £100. It was completely dead, half the screws were missing. He didn't even have a receipt.

Sent it back to Gigabyte (I really thought he was pushing his luck and they would give him the Spanish Archer) and had a brand new one back four days later.

Back
Top Bottom