Finally update to iOS6?

Soldato
The issues with match are that if you start downloading songs and exit your wifi range it will download them with 3G instead with no way to stop the download unless you delete the request.

Podcasts are the same in the podcast app if you start listening to the podcast before it completely downloads it stops downloading and shows as downloaded in your podcast app.....however it isn't actually downloaded, it seems to only stream it. You cannot select to download it because you are still within wifi range therefore it will say it's downloaded and continue to stream the podcast however should you exit the wifi range it then either shows as not downloaded or if you try to listen to the podcast it will download it over your 3G eating all your data.

Also in Podcast if you queue downloads they will continue even if you exit wifi range the button don't autodownload over 3G is only for the autodownloads queued manual downloads will continue to download even outside the wifi area Apple considers these to be manual downloads so the setting for podcasts "use cellular data" is only for the automatic downloads of your subscribed podcasts.

This is the same if your wifi cuts out when downloading either music from match or podcasts you get no alert it just switches to 3G and chews your data. (happened to me using my 1gig allowance in around 30 mins :( )

Soldato
I'm irritated because I "upgraded" my iPad to iOS6 only then to discover that google maps is only available for iPhone (for now) and also that safari is now misbehaving on some webpages.

Back
Top Bottom