*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Soldato
Anyone using Xposed Framework?
20130116204513.png

Tablet UI on stock ROMs :D.

The only thing I missed from using ParanoidAndroid on my S2.

Framework here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1574401
DPI module here: http://www.villainrom.co.uk/forum/microdownloads/xposed-app-settings.5/viewfile
Other modules here: http://www.villainrom.co.uk/forum/forums/xposed_framework_mods/

Soldato
Right, my iPhone 3GS is finally dying so I am planning on upgrading. I have interested in a note since the first one came out, so I am very tempted to get a note 2.

I am comfortable with the size, so that is not an issue for me. Is this the best phone on the market? Should I be considering anything else?

Don
Anyone using Xposed Framework?
20130116204513.png

Tablet UI on stock ROMs :D.

The only thing I missed from using ParanoidAndroid on my S2.

Framework here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1574401
DPI module here: http://www.villainrom.co.uk/forum/microdownloads/xposed-app-settings.5/viewfile
Other modules here: http://www.villainrom.co.uk/forum/forums/xposed_framework_mods/

I was using that but I went back to stock for the minute. I've not had a chance to put it back. Being able to have tablet UI on a per app basis without any rom hackery is great.

Associate
Right, my iPhone 3GS is finally dying so I am planning on upgrading. I have interested in a note since the first one came out, so I am very tempted to get a note 2.

I am comfortable with the size, so that is not an issue for me. Is this the best phone on the market? Should I be considering anything else?

Thats a tough question because the latest phones have the higher resolution screens.

The elephant in the room is SAMSUNG.

If Samsung had a FHD screen I would say yes buy the Note 2 easily.

I'm biased towards AMOLED because AMOLEDs to me look so good.

Nothing like the black and deep vibrant colors of a AMOLED screen.

Also the contrast on AMOLED is superior to anything else.

There is virtually no image blur on an AMOLED.

Go to GSMARENA and compare Experia Z with the Note 2.

I would probably wait for the S4 but then again I might compromise and get the Note 2.

Hard decision.

Associate
If I was buying now I would be thinking LTE (4G), higher resolution screen, RGB AMOLED, removable battery, Octa Core (Big Little technology), and the little things that dont always show up on spec sheets like which DAC the phone is using.

I know the Note 2 uses a Wolfson DAC which sounds much better than my S2s inferior DAC chip.

Soldato
LTE is a waste of space in the UK at the moment, IT will take at least a year for phone companies to get it off the ground to reasonable standards and the premium you have to pay is just insane + if rumors are to be believed AT&T are in the pipeline to buy out EE and who knows whats going to happen then.

The S4 wont be out till at the very least the summer, Sony have the Z but its SONY! They have been dire in the past on Android especially when it comes to upgrading, plus from the sounds of it whilst it might have a flashy 1080p screen it lacks any decent colour and viewing angle in it.

Im due an upgrade in 1 month, I know il be getting the Note2 - its simply the best phone on the market at present.

Last edited:
Soldato
A[L]C;23571776 said:
Deal done. Galaxy Note 2 in grey, 24 months, unlimited texts, unlimited minutes, 1gb data, £26 a month, no upfront phone cost, and a free £20 voucher for the play store.

Awesome!

thats a flipping awesome deal

Associate
Check scheduled sync as it may not sync within those hours you have set it to.
I've got 3 gmail accounts and 1 hotmail accounts they sync just fine automatically.
EDIT: you have to do this for all of your email accounts within the app.

i checked this already, it doesnt sync regardless of the time. i have to manually press refresh to get the gmail emails.

Associate
LTE is a waste of space in the UK at the moment, IT will take at least a year for phone companies to get it off the ground to reasonable standards and the premium you have to pay is just insane + if rumors are to be believed AT&T are in the pipeline to buy out EE and who knows whats going to happen then.

I'm not aware of what is currently happening in the U.K because I'm from Australia and currently our telcos are frantically racing to roll out their 4th generation offerings.

The big telcos over here are Tesltra, OPTUS and to a lesser extent VODAPHONE.

So far Telstra is the dominant player with OPTUS a close second and the latter by far the better value.

There are also other smaller players like Virgin (Richard Branson) and a few others that I don't really consider.

The S4 wont be out till at the very least the summer, Sony have the Z but its SONY! They have been dire in the past on Android especially when it comes to upgrading, plus from the sounds of it whilst it might have a flashy 1080p screen it lacks any decent colour and viewing angle in it.

I agree I like Samsungs Super AMOLED screens.

Your obviously a lot smarter than some of the folks over here who just buy whatever they perceive is the best not what really is the best.

If what I read is true then it looks like early second quarter or late first quarter before the S4 is released.

Still who knows I guess it depends on what is released by the other manufacturers.[/I]

Im due an upgrade in 1 month, I know il be getting the Note2 - its simply the best phone on the market at present.

I agree. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I was using that but I went back to stock for the minute. I've not had a chance to put it back. Being able to have tablet UI on a per app basis without any rom hackery is great.

Indeed, it's awesome. It was the only thing I actually liked about ParanoidAndroid :p.

Xposed is pretty good. I'm using the Multi Window module so all apps are available, and a module that fixes the wakelock caused by using a USB drive where the phone just stays awake until it's reset (was annoying the first time I used one, checked my phone a few hours later and it was nearly dead :D).

If I hadn't flashed wanam I'd have used the no sms>mms one as well. Should be interesting to see what other ones will come out, since it's not really dependant on which ROM you're running. Hopefully more are released and then I'll likely just stay on stock rooted ROMs.

Associate
People are stunned when you tell them about the Xperia Z's very poor viewing angles and the low colour contrast.

I don't think I want a non amoled screen for my next phone. Maybe oled :p

I love the unnatural colour contrast options and I have it set to dynamic on my note 2. Also have gotten used to using the s pen so much for writing notes. Couldn't do without one now!

For people waiting to get the Note 3..... I hope you understand that it will be another 10 months minimum before you'll be able to get one since Sammy release interval with the S-phones and the Notes is one year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom