**Australian Open** Tennis Jan 14th - 27th

Soldato
The longer it went on there was only ever going to be one winner, I feel for Wawrinka though his mind must be in bits after that

Given his unbelievably high fitness, I would be surprised if Novak isnt at least 95% recharged after a day off (which is all he will probably need for his next match)

Soldato
Simon had nothing to offer after his epic the other day - easy victory for Andy

It will be an interesting comparison to Novak tomorrow

Similarly long / hard matches with one day off inbetween

If / When Novak gets through - his semi looks pretty easy

Who-ever gets through from the other half of the draw is most likely going to be feeling how Novak feels today lol

Soldato
OP
Novak through with relative ease despite four sets, Berdych couldn't really offer much.

Looking forward to the potential Murray/Fed semi should both make it through (Since I'm off on Friday).

Soldato
IMO that is a vivid display of the gulf between the top 3 or 4 and the rest

I know Berdych had a reasonably match the other day but should have given Novak a bit harsher test after his highly physical 5 hr marathon

Soldato
OP
Murray through nice and easy...

6-4, 6-1, 6-2

No sets dropped so far and must be the least time he's spent on court in a major so far.

Will be that bit more difficult from then on in!

Soldato
Hopefully though the lack energy used to where he is now , should leave him with plenty in the tank for when he needs it.

Agreed, looking good so far but I don't think he's really been tested yet as he's had quite an easy route through to the semi final by his standards. His main weakness is his second serve and it's going to be put to the test by Federer assuming he gets past Tsonga.

Soldato
the fact that AM hasnt yet been tested may be a hindrance when he comes up against the 2nd best player (or 3rd depending on how Nadal is viewed) in the world on Friday?

edit - At least he has made it this far.

Hoping AM can do an "Olympics" style match on Fed :)

Back
Top Bottom