New to Boinc

Associate
I've upgraded my GPU to a HD7950 and it don't play too well with F@H. So I've jumped ship.

So far I've downloaded and installed boinc. Then I went to the ocuk homepage and joined. Is there anything else I need to do?

Associate
OP
I just let boinc download whatever it wanted. Didn't know I need to select specific projects. I think it's defaulted to S@H tho (that's what all my transfers are anyways)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
mmm, didn't see that one. What would happen if I was to just dump the S@H? Would it harm any points I earn for the team??

I think i see what you mean. I got 6 S@H tasks running, zero use of the GPU **(ignore - gpu-z ain't reading my card right)**

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Can someone tell me what's going on with this task?

what_zps55dd169b.jpg

Over a year to complete a task?? Everything else is fine but I'm worried about this one, deadline is 3rd Feb.

I've rebooted and it comes back the same.

Associate
Don't worry about the time remaining when you first start a project or get new/different wu types this is just boinc wildly guessing how long it thinks it will take to complete. These guesstimates will change and become more accurate as you complete wu's and boinc learns your particular setup.

Soldato
Welcome Ripshod.

Milkyway@home
Collatz conjecture
Poem@home

These would all work well with your card, also check your GPU usage, if it's not running high you'd benefit from an app_info file in order to run more than one work unit at a time.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Running 100% on cpu and gpu, 7 tasks at a time. Very well balanced I say. I'll hit a million before I even consider adding other projects, but thanx for the suggestion.

I've stopped worrying about that task btw, it did 8% in 12 hrs so it'll be well within the deadline.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom