Piers Morgan vs Alex Jones: Guns

Associate
I think what he means is the US was set up as a republic not the democracy it has become.

What specifically is the difference between a republic and democracy to you? Both process constitutions. Separation of powers is common in democratic states as well as republics.

So America should go back to the 18th century with slavery and blacks counting as 3/5 of a person, property qualifications to determine voting rights et al?

18th century America was politically progressive by the standards of its day not now.

Wise Guy
Soldato
Basically democracy is mob rule, rule by majority and a constitutional republic protects minority rights with a constitution and the electorate have some sort of qualification, like being land owners, which they should go back to.

Soldato
beararms.png

I want bear arms.

Soldato
Basically democracy is mob rule, rule by majority and a constitutional republic protects minority rights with a constitution and the electorate have some sort of qualification, like being land owners, which they should go back to.

Eh?

Democracy and Republic aren't mutually exclusive. In fact democratic process is a part of being a republic....

Republic

a state in which the supreme power rests in the body of citizens entitled to vote and is exercised by representatives chosen directly or indirectly by them.

Permabanned
Alex Jones is a fake I found out recently his wife was Jewish (which he tried to hide to the extent of blocking prisonplanet forum posts mentioning his wifes Jewish ancestry) and it turns out he's Jewish himself!

Well here's a shock

Zionist shill

Soldato
Alex Jones is a prime example of Americas failing mental health care system and why buying automatic assault rifles shouldn't be as easy as popping down the shops for a soda!

There are scores of thousands of angry and crazy people just like Alex Jones who are armed to the teeth with terrifying assault weapons and enough ammo to start a small war :eek:

I'm just grateful I don't live there tbh :D

Soldato
Alex Jones is a prime example of Americas failing mental health care system and why buying automatic assault rifles shouldn't be as easy as popping down the shops for a soda!

There are scores of thousands of angry and crazy people just like Alex Jones who are armed to the teeth with terrifying assault weapons and enough ammo to start a small war :eek:

Nah here you just have to deal with getting arrested over derogatory comments on social network websites.

Soldato

It's not all bad. Yeah there's a few nuts, but all in all it works in favor i'd say. If the UK allowed concealed carry after stringent background tests, for people that have never had a run in with the law or mental issues, and allowed the use of deadly force to anyone attacking you or breaking into your home. The cocky scum chav problem in England would literally be eliminated overnight !

Soldato
Piers was destroyed in a recent interview with Ted Nugent. I don't get why Piers parrots on about this issue, perhaps he feels bad about getting those soldiers killed and hacking the voicemails of missing people.

Soldato
It's not all bad. Yeah there's a few nuts, but all in all it works in favor i'd say. If the UK allowed concealed carry after stringent background tests, for people that have never had a run in with the law or mental issues, and allowed the use of deadly force to anyone attacking you or breaking into your home. The cocky scum chav problem in England would literally be eliminated overnight !

What like in America :rolleyes:
You really are deluded if you believe that!

Soldato
What like in America :rolleyes:
You really are deluded if you believe that!

Or we could be a bunch of people who get arrested for defending themselves against criminals or for carrying any kind of weapon (taser, baton) for the purpose of self defence. I know which one I'd prefer.

Soldato
Piers was destroyed in a recent interview with Ted Nugent. I don't get why Piers parrots on about this issue, perhaps he feels bad about getting those soldiers killed and hacking the voicemails of missing people.

I don't think he was destroyed in that interview at all.

Piers main issue is why anyone needs a AR-15 or similar weapon. They don't. So why not ban them? The law should have a cap on the amount of rounds fired per minute.

It won't stop massacres entirely but it will help if crazy kids can't get a hold of weapons like these.

Soldato
Here's Charlie Brooker's take including the aforementioned Morgan/Jones spat [I've bleeped out the swears especially for the mods ;)].

It makes me thankful we don't live in a country where public information films telling you how to survive a massacre have to be shown and where little girls are bought pink assault rifles by their parents.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom