Comfortable Safety Boots?

Soldato
A weird post i know,But anyone know of any Comfortable Safety boots?

I bought some a while back,They started rubbing at the sides of my big toes,The work then gave me some trainer looking safety boots but even though they're an 11 (my size) its the same...rubbing near the toes,If i have a larger size they obviously don't fit right and slip up and down at the back. :D

Soldato
DSC00014.jpg

non steel cap but so comfy once broken in,last pair lasted me 4 years.

Soldato
I've got a pair of Dickies(sp) PPE Safty Boots, they look like normal Hiking/Walking boots, very comfortably, I've had them for about 3 years and they never rub, even from day one!

They have Kevlar Toe Caps and Sole plates rather than Steel, making them very light compared to the steel versions!!

I've used them for hiking too as they are some what waterproof (up to the top of the tongue!), and they're still as good as new!! :)

Only cost £30 as I got them on PPE, but I think if you buy them out-rite they're about £50ish :)

WMjCsTB.jpg.png

Associate
I've worn many different pairs of safety boots.

When I worked at the mine we were provided with boots every year, I found the "rigger" style of boots didn't last long but were comfy to start with. The trainer style of boots were comfy but not as waterproof. I would opt for a pair of normal boots.

These days I don't require PPE for work but I did purchase a pair of boots to work in the garage, stops my feet from getting cold. I bought a pair of safety boots from ASDA and they're surprisingly comfy, I always wear a thick pair of socks with them too. I'm sure they'll fall apart inside a year but for the price I was impressed with how comfy they were.

Man of Honour
Magnum classics. Composite safety toecap and very comfortable.

Just make sure if you go for these you get the version with the toe cap rather than the non toe cap version, just thought I'd point out that not all have the toe cap.
My dads worn safety boots/shoes for the last 26 odd years and always recommends DM he gets given the free ones from work which then live under the stairs because he always goes back to DM.

Soldato
I have some offshore boots with laces and a zip down the side for quick release, cant remember the name off the top of my head but they are awesome.

Had them about 3 years now and have done countless site/offshore trips with me.

KaHn

Soldato
I wear a pair of Dickies like these :

QlBoYmC.jpg

Surprisingly comfy, slightly heavy due to steel toes / soles, but have a nice warm thinsulate lining :)

+1 got a pair of them, very comfortable, as are my Dickies(sp) PPE Safty Boots, same ones Simian has, I also got Dickies Storm Super Safety Trainer @ £28 vat free.

Dickies have a factory shop at Midsomer Norton, Somerset, only just down the road from me, they also have several other stores around the country. http://www.dickiesworkwear.com/en/stockists/retail-outlets

Last edited:
Soldato
Got some new dickies the other day, about £45 and they seem pretty solid and are nice and comfy. They're the browny/red leather ones if you see them..

Associate
Jallete Jalaska Safety Boots, never needed anyothers . Ive tried various but always come back to the jalletes. Quick and easy to put on and also comfortable.

But everyone will have personal choices.

Back
Top Bottom