***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Caporegime
I'm rather annoyed...

I went to the EE store tonight, asking if I can swap my phone due to the proximity sensor being borked, and basically got told no.

They can send my phone off for repair and it'll take 28 days....

Useless really.

Going to contact Nokia tomorrow to see if anything can be done, if not I'll be tempted to crack the thing open and fix it myself.

Soldato
I feel like such a noob to all this windows phone jazz.

I noticed the rock case gets mentioned on here as the one to get. I'm looking for something that is a bit grippier than the phone (I feel like it's a bit slippery and I don't want to drop it!), how does the Rock case stand up in those regards?

Anything else I should be doing besides fiddling with apps? Any must have stuff?

Soldato
I feel like such a noob to all this windows phone jazz.

I noticed the rock case gets mentioned on here as the one to get. I'm looking for something that is a bit grippier than the phone (I feel like it's a bit slippery and I don't want to drop it!), how does the Rock case stand up in those regards?

Anything else I should be doing besides fiddling with apps? Any must have stuff?

The Rock / Meifeng cases are rubber/sand blasted finished, so its rough and grippy :)

Anyone else noticed an improvement in battery life since the update?

Only updated today, of which 30mins of it updating whilst I was out, so cant base my on todays. Past 3 days my battery life has been awesome. 14 hours in and only 50% down (before update), with an hour busy reading news on Weave.

Now it's 15 hours and 15% left. Will feedback in the next few days.

Izi

Izi

Soldato
I hope Google change their mind and Build a Gmail and GDrive app, or I might have to change to iOS/Android. I use them too much :(

I've got Gmail setup with Google active sync which is good, but it only searches a few of my emails. If I click "Search more on Google" it comes up with can't connect.

Please Google change your mind!

Infact if they don't I'll get an iPhone 5 out of pure revolt to Google :)

Soldato
I hope Google change their mind and Build a Gmail and GDrive app, or I might have to change to iOS/Android. I use them too much :(

I've got Gmail setup with Google active sync which is good, but it only searches a few of my emails. If I click "Search more on Google" it comes up with can't connect.

Please Google change your mind!

Infact if they don't I'll get an iPhone 5 out of pure revolt to Google :)

What's wrong with just using the standard email app? I have my Gmail syncing into it and its great. Also give SkyDrive a whirl if you havent already, 7gb free and I stopped using google drive now as I prefer the interface, especially since windows phone utilizes it so well with regards to sharing photos, documents etc.

Izi

Izi

Soldato
What's wrong with just using the standard email app? I have my Gmail syncing into it and its great. Also give SkyDrive a whirl if you havent already, 7gb free and I stopped using google drive now as I prefer the interface, especially since windows phone utilizes it so well with regards to sharing photos, documents etc.

I need push email, calendar and contacts.

I used google drive for google docs, not just files. At work we use Google apps for business...

Most things are working fine, and ive managed to find a couple apps which emulate some of the stuff i need, but its not the same as google delivering the apps :)

Soldato
I need push email, calendar and contacts.

I used google drive for google docs, not just files. At work we use Google apps for business...

Most things are working fine, and ive managed to find a couple apps which emulate some of the stuff i need, but its not the same as google delivering the apps :)

Pardon my possible ignorance, but I can sync email, contacts and calendar from my gmail account. The only problem may be that it might not be push (although there is an option for me to select "as items arrive" under the "download new items every X minutes" option) Im not 100% sure what push is though to be honest :p

Associate
Have a feeling my battery is getting worse. I'm on Portico but today I sent about 3 texts, and listened to music for 40 minutes, and I was down to 50%. That was after 5 hours off charge, and it was predicting that I'd only get another 9 :/

Back
Top Bottom