*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Soldato
The average battery I'm getting on the stock kernel on every rom update is 20 hours with 4+ hours of screen on time. I know it's been said plenty of times but battery life just gives immense piece of mind on this. Going to be very hard to get used to the next phone if it can't match that. I won't get another Note though if the rumours of a bugger model are correct.

This really is the maximum.

I just wouldn't do it. I love the form factor, but even if I didn't I'd persist with it just for the battery. A few friends have bought them on the battery recommendation alone, and have received thanks from all for just how good it is.

Only phone this is getting replaced with now is the Note 3. Or whatever comparable Note type device that's out in probably another 18 months (as this still seems as capable as the day I bought it).

Caporegime
There is a 3000mAh battery coming out for the GS 3, which supposedly only adds 1mm to the thickness :eek: so battery life will probably be better on it then due to the smaller screen, thus you really have the best of both worlds, smaller device with epic battery life! Although obviously the screen is still a good bit smaller :p

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
An official battery? If not then the time could only be a bit longer than stock genuine S3 batteries!

Is it wrong that I have actually considered the Z and selling the Note II?!

There's a lot to worry about the Z though, mainly the software from Sony and the screen.

Hmm but it can be used in the rain.

BUT I DON'T TRUST SONY :S

Soldato
An official battery? If not then the time could only be a bit longer than stock genuine S3 batteries!

There's a lot to worry about the Z though, mainly the software from Sony and the screen.

Yeah it was a dilemma I had before buying the note :( It certainly looks interesting, but I will wait and see before committing

Caporegime

Yup genuine :)

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/genuine-...ery-kit-for-galaxy-s3-3000mah-blue-p37556.htm

Your black layout wouldn't look as good on the Z! :p Plus despite the Z/ZL looking awesome I still can't see the developing community being as good.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Try your chance at Phones4U? They may have another sale on :p

I just updated to TWRP recover 2.4 and the additional updates are nice. Backups as expected take ages and my current backup is 3.8GB in size for everything (you can choose).

Caporegime
Soldato
I just picked up the official Note 2 Protective Cover + from Tesco for £7. For that price it was worth a punt and it seems pretty good. Nice fit as you'd expect and doesn't add much bulk, whilst protecting all the edges and having a lip to protect the screen.

Soldato

IMHO waterproof is gonna become commonplace, there are AFAIK 2 firms providing a technique to manufacturers, again IMHO Sony are just the first this year as once waterproof is available it's a nobrainer especially if combined with an "unbreakable" screen.

Associate
It came today. Pics if anyone's interested:

It's just...fine. Bit stiff to connect initially but has loosened up already. It charges and connects to the PC fine too. Cheap and cheerful. Slightly flimsy flip-over mechanism but robust enough for purpose. Quite smart and no branding (which I like).

A quick query, the phone goes in dock mode when docked? or goes in standerd charged mode?

Caporegime
As far as I can tell, it behaves exactly as if I'd plugged it into a charging cable. Never heard of dock mode, so either I haven't enabled it, or the fact that I have Kaloer clock set to kick in when I plug in is overriding it, or it doesn't trigger dock mode for some reason (for example because it cost 8 quid from Hong Kong).

Associate
Okay, I need to update to 4.1.2 from 4.1.1 rooted.

I have standard touchwiz, and the exynos exploit apk installed. Last time I tried everything messed up and I had to reflash 4.1.1

Should I remove the exynos exploit before flashing?

Also which one do I pick? I live in the UK and I'm on a carrier that isn't listed there

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1896696&highlight=cf+autoroot

Can you please tell me what steps I need to do to just update safely and I must KEEP MY ROOT!!!

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom