60" TV recommedations please

Associate
I'm looking for a wall mounted 60" TV. I'm not interested in Smart TV as I'll be hooking up my both the 60" TV and a 22" monitor to my GTX 560Ti and have no interest in 3d TV. The TV will be for watching TV and gaming on PC/Console, while the budget is up to £1200. but I'll go a little higher if necessary. Tbh I could afford to spend a lot more on a TV, but am reluctant to do so.

Associate
OP
94 views and no replies. If you didn't have info then why bother to look at the thread? What a ****ing waste of space of a forum :rolleyes:

Soldato
Don't be naive, we've all been in the OP's situation when you genuinely need recommendations or help and become baffled that an apparent "technical" forum hasn't got a clue.

OP I'd recommend the Panasonic TC-P60GT50 Plasma. I bought this puppy last year and couldn't be happier with it. I have this hooked up to my rig and it's been utterly phenomenal playing games and watching movies.

Associate
OP
Thank you very much trentlad, one of a couple of sensible posts at last! I saw a thread not so long ago about the 50" equivalent which is available to buy in the UK, but where do I find the 60" Panasonic in the UK?

nightrider I'd not given the projector serious thought tbh, but it has crossed my mind, but the wall that the TV/Projector will be on already has the cables and switches embedded into the wall in anticipation of a wall mounted set, so it's too late for that option I'm afraid.

Last edited:

Kei

Kei

Soldato
Thank you very much trentlad, one of a couple of sensible posts at last! I saw a thread not so long ago about the 50" equivalent which is available to buy in the UK, but where do I find the 60" Panasonic in the UK?
Which 50" model was it?

Panasonic plasma panels come in 55" or 65" versions, nothing in between. The UT50 series only went up to 50", the models above this (ST50, GT50 & VT50) came in the larger sizes. LCD models do come in 60" variations.

Soldato
Which 50" model was it?

Panasonic plasma panels come in 55" or 65" versions, nothing in between. The UT50 series only went up to 50", the models above this (ST50, GT50 & VT50) came in the larger sizes. LCD models do come in 60" variations.

The GT50 only had 42 and 50'' sizes, the ST had 42/50/65 and the vt only did 50/55/65.

Soldato
Don't be naive,
I'm not, but thanks for asking.

we've all been in the OP's situation when you genuinely need recommendations or help and become baffled that an apparent "technical" forum hasn't got a clue.

Can't say I have. I make the effort to do a bit of research before ****ging a forum off and issuing a rolleyes after only 5 hours. There's a multitude of ways he could have done this, Five seconds of Google searching or a peruse round a large electrical retailers website would be a good place to start.

OcUK might be a technical forum, but there are better forums to ask for Home Cinema advice.

OP I'd recommend the Panasonic TC-P60GT50 Plasma. I bought this puppy last year and couldn't be happier with it. I have this hooked up to my rig and it's been utterly phenomenal playing games and watching movies.

Good call, although the 60"+ Panny Plasmas are way out of his price range as he'd need a VT.

InQ

InQ

Associate
http://www.tps.uk.com/tps/home.html?product_group_id=222&choice_id=135&tab_id=45

This place is good and highly recommended if you are in the Manchester area.
65" ST is £1800.

I did have a Sammy 51" plasma but sent it back as the buzz was too much, just got a 47" LG LCD/LED instead and the SD isnt as good as the plasma but thats to be expected. No buzz though and HD is awesome, overall very happy with it.
(this is a 2nd TV in the kitchen/dining room, i have an older 55" Sony LCD in the lounge).

So be aware of the plasma panel buzz if you havent had a plasma before, it can vary TV to TV and brand to brand but if you can get a demo of the actual TV you would be taking home before you buy it then that would be perfect (TPS will do this).

Back
Top Bottom