*** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note II Thread ***

Soldato
If I only have root but no custom recovery, can I use CWM ROM Manager app to flash custom ROM's?

Also will that increase the flash counter (I'm guessing yes).

Also could I use Mobile Odin to flash the latest Samsung ROM and root it at the same time on the fly?

Man of Honour
If I only have root but no custom recovery, can I use CWM ROM Manager app to flash custom ROM's?

Also will that increase the flash counter (I'm guessing yes).

Also could I use Mobile Odin to flash the latest Samsung ROM and root it at the same time on the fly?

No, you'll need the custom recovery as well as far as I'm aware.

Associate
Damn swift flow beta! And in my defense, even though it was a typo, gray/grey are just different variations of the same word. I know about the distinctions.

My sincere apologies!

:D

Associate
My Note 2 from Three turned up today. Can anyone confirm the best way for me to root and install CWM. Build is JRO03C.N7100XXALIJ.

Also, are there any stock ROM's with the holo theme, can't stand Samsung green!!

Associate
I'm looking for a new work phone and thinking about a Note 2 but wanted to know what people think. In particular do people find the phone too big.

Soldato
I'm looking for a new work phone and thinking about a Note 2 but wanted to know what people think. In particular do people find the phone too big.

Nope. The slimmer waistline compared to the original note makes a big difference, although you'll struggle to use it single handed. I don't find it too big at all, in fact quite the opposite. Anything else now feels too small.

Caporegime
Comes down to the end user, completely subjective, some may find it too small, some may find it just "right" others will find it too big. For me, it is far too big.

Soldato
Off to the 3 store to sort out my upgrade - coming from an i3GS on Sim-Only 600 - hopefully my recent fight with Lloyds won't have ***** my credit rating so badly that they turn me down for the One Plan...

Fingers X'd

Associate
The screen size is a massive plus, it removes the need to get a tablet for now. I might get a tablet in the future when they're more powerful, and ones with the Samsung octa 8, and tegra 4 come out and the higher resolution screens... I'm excited to see what Samsung are bringing out with the galaxy tab 10 2 and note 10.1 2. They will probably both have micro sd cards too, and I think I'll prefer to stick with Samsung.

I honestly couldn't live without the stylus now, It's so useful and helps me keep everything together. Android is awesome too, don't know why anybody prefers it to ios when android has all these extra features like widgets, and massive amounts of customization.

I get the odd lag when using Nova Launcher prime 2.0. It's all worth it though and it's just down to the developers to make it as smooth as possible! And if more apps used the expandable notifications feature then that would be great, such a shame twitter doesn't do this, or falcon pro doesn't have push notifications!

I honestly couldn't get another phone now with a smaller screen, smaller battery and a lack of a wacom digitizer. Also the Amoled screen is so vivid. Think I'll stick with Oled / Amoled screens :)

Soldato
If it's on an old firmware (before LL7) just download "Exynos Abuse" by Chainfire: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2050297

The above is likely to work since the fix is recent so is unlikely to be on handsets in stores atm.

If not flash CF-Auto-Root via Odin.

Whichever method you do if you want a custom recovery you'll have to flash that via Odin (after rooting) seperately. I'd recommend Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP), it's completely touch based and the kernel has the fix for SDS (SDS only affects certain handsets, so yours will probably be fine anyway, but it's a good recovery and my preferred one atm) included :).

Back
Top Bottom