This man knows who stole my phone, can anyone help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Legendary thread fades to mythical thread :(

Is that your Eulogy? That's pants.

Edit:

Thought I'd shamelessly rip a summary from Reddit...
•Op gets phone stolen at friend's house by a burglar.
•3 hours or so later he posts about it on the forum and also adds a pic that has been taken of suspected perp using Cerberus' feature to do this.
•Speculation arises whether the pictured individual is actually the thief or whether it's someone just in that room.
•Speculation dies after further images are taken and posted of the guy using the phone, sleeping etc.
•Speculation arises whether this guy could just be the buyer and is unaware it's stolen.
•Op keeps us updated with developments regarding the police. Up until now they've been a bit lazy and not doing much given that Op has been doing the detective work for them.
•All speculation dies after further plot developments whereby we learn of the perp's details, online dating profile, more pictures such as this: http://www.memecreator.org/static/images/memes/990818.jpg (the text was added by another member later for thread win purposes).
•I Tweet Cerberus devs about the thread and they request op contact them for further details.
•People mention going to the media if police don't do anything.
•Op is getting contact from the police now who are getting ready to move in.
•Police update op in what appears to be realtime, they are outside the perp's door and are awaiting door entry equipment.
•Police are in, they don't find the phone...
•...They find the phone, Op updates thread and VICTORY ensues. I imagine lots of people will be sipping tea at this point as well. I was.
•Memecreator services thrive as the perp's shifty mug is ridiculed.
•Some people still question the legitimacy of the Op and the thread, request even more proof in the form of pics.
•Op posts pics of letter and details from Police, Op also posts picture of an officer taken using Cerberus' picture taking feature.
•Universal praise for tracking apps like Cerberus.

Soldato
FOUND HIS FB PROFILE
BOOM
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1404586690

his second name is different but his photo is the same!

omg, iz he a battyy? :D

21698622.jpg

Soldato
OP
Wow, I honestly cannot believe how far this has gone! National newspaper in print too! From the sounds of it you've all enjoyed the thread as much have I have which is excellent! :)

Another update! Somebody handed my girlfriends bag into the police, everything present minus the bit of cash she had in there. Although it was handed in about 3 hours after I'd brought her a replacement so you've got to love the timing of that! All in all a really great outcome!

Having read through the article on the telegraph online I did feel a little sad that the police who actually went out and got the phone/dropped it off at mine didn't get any credit. They were awesome! When chatting with them I could tell they really cared about doing their job well and were genuinely great guys! It was just the call centre who were rubbish at passing on information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom