Got knocked off my motorbike today!

Associate
Wooooooohooooooo.

Yes thats right, riding through a 30 limit a 1/4mile from home and some lady decided to do a U turn and swipe me straight up.
Im OK apart from bruised hip and dented pride.
Motorcycle is pretty mashed with a scratched frame and lots of broken plastics.
I have plenty of photos to upload for your guys and I also managed to catch the event on my gopro. Ill have to wait for the rozzers to return my SD card to me first before I upload the footage.

Typical SMIDSY.

Please remember to wear ATGATT.

Be safe.

:o

Her Car:
mtPg2Bxl.jpg

My lid:
4pC0iiel.jpg

Various parts of my smashed bike.
cp1wvyHl.jpg
IkkjxgOl.jpg
Close up of scratched frame:
KY1QDskl.jpg
DYrKPmgl.jpg
UDO7sySl.jpg
FqareqHl.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Ah that sucks dude, glad to hear you're ok, though the bike looks a bit messy...

Did you edit any potential speed related incriminatory bits off the SD card btw? :D

She admitted full liability thank god.

Didnt get a chance to edit the SD card but I asked they cop if he will be looking the whole way through the tape....to which he said I had nothing to worry about ;).

She called an ambulance who called the rozzers.
Got taken to the hospital for a check up, they said all's well and good and just to rest.

Pub tonight it is then? :D

Soldato
Well reminded. Must remember to get a GoPro when i get back on a motorbike.

You're not hurt which is the main thing and it was her fault, standard U turn and U didn't look issue it seems.

VoG

VoG

Soldato
metbandit said:
She admitted full liability thank god.

Sadly, doesn't mean a damn thing until she does so to her insurance company, until then, fingers crossed, because it's not unheard of for folks to admit liability at the scene, then promptly have second thoughts once they've sat down & thought it thru.

metbandit said:
Pub tonight it is then? :D

No, do not go to the pub.

You've been fetched off your bike, don't drink for 24hrs as it's also not unheard of for folk to suffer undiagnosed injuries, that promptly raise there head a day or 2 later, so don't mask any potential symptoms with alcohol for a day or so.

Any way, that aside, damn glad your ok bud, bikes are repairable/replaceable, people?, not so much. tomorrow morning, your gonna feel about 90 years old, i foresee much groaning, cursing & swearing as you struggle out of bed. :D

Associate
I think that in this situation, (Clearly at fault due to not looking around properly before moving) the at fault driver should be liable for all and any increases in the victims premium for as long as they accident is declarable (5 years?). And yes, that puts you on the hook for them buying a faster car, moving to a ****** area and general increases. Maybe that'll teach you to look where you are going...

Yes, I know this isn't going to happen, and probably is hyper-unreasonable, but people not paying attention can easily kill a biker, and yet its treated like a minor accident when it happens. There needs to be some repercussions, even if the biker walks away.

Edit - Sorry, forgot to say, glad you're ok OP :)

Associate
OP
Her reaction seemed really genuine, she was gutted and really sorry that she hit me.
My reaction was slightly more colourful shall i say...

Its not that she admitted liability to me, but also to the police, so one would assume that her doing it to the police means its open and shut?

Back
Top Bottom