Back in the Day StompMonster

Associate
I agree, there would probably be interest from those of us who dont quite have the funds to focus on multiple projects but could chuck in a few quid. I do however think that whatever was built needs an element of madness involved.

What is OCUK for if not pushing the boundaries of what can (or should) be done ;)

Soldato
Is it worth doing a Kickstarter to build a new OcUK stomp monster for folding? I have been thinking about this?? :)

Stelly

I would certainly chip in, but what about running costs? They can munch electricity, who is going to fund that? I am still waiting for my Tesla Coil I ordered on a kickstarter. Expecting it in April :D.

Don
I would certainly chip in, but what about running costs? They can munch electricity, who is going to fund that? I am still waiting for my Tesla Coil I ordered on a kickstarter. Expecting it in April :D.

Well I can host it in work for the time being as they dont really care ;)

Do you all think I should start another thread to see if people think its a good idea and also iron out details?

Stelly

Associate
Just done a search, this is what i admired when i was last crunching seti, the work units this thing got through at the time was immense, just thought i'd bump it to reminisce! I'm sure seti will come back super popular once gpu crypto mining falls off the cliff, and maybe ocuk will hold firm in the rankings.

Soldato
A 5 year thread bump, wow, not that I have much room to talk. Speaking of wow, this is what SETI really needs - a new "Wow Signal" or some event :eek:.
That would make SETI insanely popular again, the farms would return and all the crazy people would come out to play.
I don't think the demise of mining will have that much of an effect but at least GPU's would become more accessible again. That's what I'm waiting for, I am dormant for now. ;)

Soldato
I was massively in to SETI in the very early noughties. My student housemates were infuriated by the Celeron 600@900 that was constantly crunching in my room and the less well specced AMD Semperon? machine in the communal living room that was also devoted to the cause.

Back
Top Bottom