Life used to be simple; but now I've Scottished myself.

Soldato
My Dad delving into the family tree has revealed that I have a Scottish grandmother. Her surname was McAlpine.

Now this complicates matters greatly. I'm no longer a thoroughbred Englishman, I'm 25% Scottish. Do I accept Biohazard's imminent friend request? Should I begin wrapping the clan McAlpine tartan around my caber before tossing? Can I legally now affect a Highlander's brogue in order to impress girls?

And when it comes to sport, is it Rangers or Celtic that I cheer on when one of them slam dunks a goal into the try line to score that last quarter four-point home run?

So, aside from now considering Braveheart to be historically accurate, what benefits do I get from my new national identity?

If its McAlpine then Dundee United should be your choice, they had a famous goalie who may be related, Hamish.

Man of Honour
Wow, I'm sorry and I was getting to really like you too.

I recently found that one of my grandfathers was Jewish and my wife helpfully suggested circumcision.

Soldato
Abe-Simpson-walking-in-and-out-the-simpsons-7414427-320-240.gif

As a Scotsman seeing this thread.

Soldato
Similar thing happened to me few years back, found out I'm not 100% Chinese. My mom's grandmother is Vietnamese. I don't look Chinese or Vietnamese.

You all look the same anyway ........ ;)

1/4 Irish
1/2 English

My dad was adopted and after some delving it turned out I am 1/4 Canadian, I don't know how I feel aboot that, to be sure.

Soldato
I'm from Yorkshire, my father is from Yorkshire, his father before him is from Yorkshire, his father before him is from Yorkshire, his father before him is from Yorkshire, his father before him is from Yorkshire, his father before him is from Yorkshire, his father before him is from Yorkshire, his father before him is from Germany! :D

Caporegime
I'm from Yorkshire, my father is from Yorkshire, his father before him is from Yorkshire, his father before him is from Yorkshire, his father before him is from Yorkshire, his father before him is from Yorkshire, his father before him is from Yorkshire, his father before him is from Yorkshire, his father before him is from Germany! :D

Barbarian ! :eek:

Nuke it from orbit?

I hear this is a commonly used solution...

Commonly used but sadly it's never worked I believe this is due to the nuke seeing the scottish hoards it's approaching and then deciding to **** it as it's not dealing with those mad scottish ********!

Myself 3 of My grandparents are Serbian in origin the other Italian both my Parents were born in this country(In Yorkshire, Leeds to be exact. WHITE ROSE WHITE ROSE!) as was I so I guess that makes me 75% Serbian, 25% Italian, 100% British, 50% Tyke & 99.9% Stoned off my ****!

Last edited:
Soldato
Born in England?

Then you're English.

Unless you're an American who has a great-great-great-great-great-grandparent who once met an Irishman. Then you can claim you're Irish.
LOL.... I've met so many American that fit this description, I believe the phrase in a open and respectful non racist sort of way is "plastic Paddys". :D

Soldato

Well at least you got a little bit of sanity from all than Northernish,

Back
Top Bottom