Keeway RKV 125cc

Soldato
Cheap Chinese bikes are invariably poor value for money. They are cheap to buy, but tend to depreciate very badly, have poor build quality and parts support can be patchy.

You are almost always better off buying a secondhand Japanese machine than a new Chinese bike. If you are buying an older machine for pennies and aren't expecting it to last for years it might be worthwhile.

Associate
OP
Well the issue i have is yes they are cheaper 1800 but for keeways the quality of build is better and yhe reviews which i have seen have been good two of my friends own keeway bikes and dont have any issues i would like to know if there are any real horror stories with these bikes.

Soldato
I wouldn't buy one. Poorly made.. Poor parts support and severe lack of dealerships. The fact that you can't find any reviews sings alarm bells.

Look out for a honda clr 125 instead.

Associate
I paid £1495 for my cbr125r5, solid, reliable and in my opinion was a joy to learn on. Was a trade sell and in damn good nick, 15k miles on clock and you'd never of known. Only ever had to do a chain/sprocket change which was due to general ware and passed MOT with no problems.
So shop around and get something solid to enjoy riding!

Associate
OP
The only problem is my amount of outlay is £700 but if i was to go for the keeway for instance the first outlay is £500 equipment insurance all in then pay interest free finance thats why i was looking at that i just dont have a large amount of cash to start out with.

Associate
OP
I have chose this bike over the cbf because of certain issues but not regretting it so far very nice to ride compairing to aprilia rs125 and honda cbf this us 1000 times better only issue is going to be reliability so far so good for petrol its great put is £10 7litres and i have done 123 miles and only used half of what i put in its got a 17 litre tank if i have any issues will post apart from the one issue is servicing intervals are very close together will get details on that from dealer and see other post for comments

Associate
I've got a Keeway RKV 125 for 2 weeks and my hungarian User Manual is very poor (for example it doesn't give any information about rear shock absorber's adjustment and about valve clearance, etc...).
Is it true that english UM contains these things?
Thank You!

Associate
OP
I've got a Keeway RKV 125 for 2 weeks and my hungarian User Manual is very poor (for example it doesn't give any information about rear shock absorber's adjustment and about valve clearance, etc...).
Is it true that english UM contains these things?
Thank You!

I will take a look and get back to you, i will scan and post pics of the english um if that helps, Update still very happy with the rkv, no issues 912miles using daily basis 18miles to work and back and going out with friends, would recommend, if i have any issues i will post again but so far so good.

Back
Top Bottom