***The Official Samsung Galaxy S III Thread***

Soldato
As above, you don't claim every month. You claim in intervals.

During month 6, you'll send them your bill for that month. They send a cheque back in a few weeks. Repeat every x amount of months :)

Soldato
My S3 was freezing and rebooting many times a day... i've just realised, it stopped a week or two ago. Not sure if it was an update, or me deleting lots of stuff and freeing up space (just in case it was the dodgy nand issue)

Soldato
First sign of weirdness after 9 months of owning my S3.
Plugged it into wall charger for 20 mins (battery was at 52%) and it failed to charge - in fact lost 2%. Then plugged it into car and battery level remained static.
Both occasions the charging animation fired up so it was definitely registering it had been plugged into somthing. Rebooted the phone and now charges fine ever since but a bit worrying / weird!

Soldato
Hey guys, someone I know who has the S3 hasn't got swype enabled so I said I'd find out how to enable it. Apparently it's a limited version compared to mine on my SGS2, so is it not very useable? Is there a full android version of swype he can download?

Associate
First sign of weirdness after 9 months of owning my S3.
Plugged it into wall charger for 20 mins (battery was at 52%) and it failed to charge - in fact lost 2%. Then plugged it into car and battery level remained static.
Both occasions the charging animation fired up so it was definitely registering it had been plugged into somthing. Rebooted the phone and now charges fine ever since but a bit worrying / weird!

Mine was also doing this from time to time, as well as the freezes. Had it back for 5 days now and not a single issue at all.

Soldato
Had you updated to a firmware XXELLA or newer? Could be worrying if the firmware updates haven't actually fixed the issue!

No, hadn't updated in a while. But I'd been having freezes and lock-ups for a while before the sudden death so the damage may have already been done a long time ago. Hadn't really looked into it though. Never mind, it's under warranty still (just short of 6 months old, crazy!).

Man of Honour
Just got the 54.03MB, XXEMB1

galaxys342.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Decided to do a full wipe so just getting setup again.

Everything seems fine but lots of force closes whenever I try to use dashclock widget.
Not a biggie, might be the app. Happy so far

Back
Top Bottom