Retro console and games thread

Soldato
So have finally got the amiga home today from work along with a few purchases made this week lol

Worth £11.99 delivered ALL DAY LONG!
20130228_160358_zpsd463f68c.jpg

20130228_160101_zpse97c8161.jpg

Currently have cannon fodder playing in the background in front room lol "WAR! never been so much fun" :D

Project X looks amazing in RGB and the soundtrack running through my marantz amp is just brilliant!

Apparently friend at work has a box of old BOXED amiga games in his loft i can have too......thats going to make for an exciting day at work tomorrow if he brings them in :)

Last edited:
Associate
All the cool kids with the A500 used Megadrive joypads. I miss mine.

ATR was one of the best retro racing games around.

Soldato
Yeeeears ago I had a Dreamcast, I sold it years ago to much sadness :(

Don't know why I miss it soo much, I'm not a huge gamer!

Turns out I've had the Mega Drive on much more than the 360 this year... so I took a wee gamble, the reasoning is that I might play this more often than more recent offerings;

20130228_125433_zps5eabcf9e.jpg

Yey :D

Man of Honour
I've been looking at replacing all the consoles I've owned since I was a lad, all the way back to the Radofin 1292.

I've been watching all sorts on eBay from Sega, Nintendo and Sony. I think I decided to get a Megadrive first. I originally owned a Japanese MD and modified it to take the PAL cartridges. I got rid of that and bought a PAL MD that came with Sonic and the Madden/NHL double header cartridges.

Now I would like to get one in s good a condition as possible and have noticed you can still buy Asian PAL MD's brand new. Is there any mileage in collecting one of these? Are they particularly rare? Or would I be better off getting a MD 1, boxed in good nick or even a MD2? I'm not particularly interested in a Japanese MD, even though they maybe more collectable.

Thanks for any replies that anyone gives.

Last edited:
Associate
running in vga that is one of the best looking games on the dc...and one of the best to play!

Yeah I actually have 2 dreamcasts from when I originally got them in 2000 and then 2002. The later one is new and never used apart from a brief test so it is pristine. I have the EU version of DoA 2 but recently hooked the DC up via vga and wanted to get into what is now "retro" a bit more and heard the DoA 2 LE from Japan is the best version of Doa 2 for the Dreamcast. so far so good.

Soldato
Yeah I actually have 2 dreamcasts from when I originally got them in 2000 and then 2002. The later one is new and never used apart from a brief test so it is pristine. I have the EU version of DoA 2 but recently hooked the DC up via vga and wanted to get into what is now "retro" a bit more and heard the DoA 2 LE from Japan is the best version of Doa 2 for the Dreamcast. so far so good.

great....need to go hunt that down now then lol......if it is better than the UK version it must be epic!

Back
Top Bottom