• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**** Official Titan owners thread. ****

Caporegime
TitanSLIresults.jpg

Done a few games. Everything done with the highest possible settings. I will add a few more tomorrow :)

Soldato
Greg can I trouble you for some tips on overclocking the 3930k please mate? My PC is turning up tomorrow but the motherboard was a dud so OcUK has replaced it for me with a far better version (Asus formula x79) so I could still get my titan powered PC tomorrow morning. Due to that, doing the overclock myself. Could have let OcUK do it but it would have meant getting the PC an entire week later due to work commitments meaning I couldn't take time off work for the delivery and NHS policy stops me from getting it delivered to the lab :(

Caporegime
Greg can I trouble you for some tips on overclocking the 3930k please mate? My PC is turning up tomorrow but the motherboard was a dud so OcUK has replaced it for me with a far better version (Asus formula x79) so I could still get my titan powered PC tomorrow morning. Due to that, doing the overclock myself. Could have let OcUK do it but it would have meant getting the PC an entire week later due to work commitments meaning I couldn't take time off work for the delivery and NHS policy stops me from getting it delivered to the lab :(

Sure thing. What clocks would you like?

Soldato
I'd be happy with 4.5 tbh. The board has a RAM profile for 2400mhz so I'll see if that works. Not sure going over 4.5 will give me any more performance over the amount of heat it would create due to higher and higher vcore.

Soldato
Well my Titan finally arriver this afternoon :)
Quick review.
My requirements were maybe different to most, I needed more than my GTX680 for 1920X1200 because I don't like running cards hot and noisy
Titan can plough through most at max if you wish @60%power /60c except Crysis 3, (but we all knew that)

It has an excellent cooler with the quietest blower fan I've experienced ( could be massively improved with modified backplate etc. Standard clocks in a good case you should with a fan profile be able to keep it ~70c

The card is very power efficient, My Z77/3570K pulls only 58W in desktop and Maximum I've seen was about 340W....Very impressive The Card with Evga tool has options to set a target temp or power (not totally sure quite what that % is referenced to yet ;) ) but if targets are set the card will "throttle to stay within that power/temp limit) very nice feature as for once we have power to spare.
The Cards are Max power Limited so You will not blow the VRM's out of it for one thing :) There is a reasonable headroom for overclocking below that power limit ;)

Bottom line, nice card, well thought out (except for poor exhaust design and 3GB too much memory (for 90% of users) and of course £200 overpriced, But I Love it ;)...Anyone need a mint 680 ?

Associate
Well sticking my second Titan in my bottom (and x8 only) PCIe slot has worked wonders. Now both cards seem to boost right up to around 1140 and stay there all night long.

Caporegime
Nice work greg. Glad you're happy with those things :)
I suspect they'll get even better with driver updates in the very near future.

How are things on the 3d surround front?

Cheers Pete :)

3D is fantastic. It is nice to have everything maxed except AA (spoils 3D) and getting real smooth gameplay. I turned off the frame counters cos I have been looking at them all day and not realy playing. Played some BF3 and it looks awesomes as well as Alan Wake.

For me, they are worth the money. Some, me included will say they are over priced but needs must :)

Back
Top Bottom