How many Focus ST owners on here

Soldato
The MK3 isn't based on the MK2 at all. The only similarity is the ford and ST badges, unless I've misunderstood what you said.

I've been on STOC forums a fair bit lately too as I've been trying to get some information on what the new ST is like to live with. I could only find one topic in there where somebody had issues with power loss when turning and even that was fixed eventually.

It's a ford so probably has a few small niggles being a new-ish model, but it certainly doesn't appear to be "riddled" like previously suggested.

Hi, isn't the Mk3 is based upon the same chassis and running gear as the Mk2, the only real differences being the engines, as they are a 2.0l ecoboost version of my car, the body and of course the interior. It certainly shares the turning circle as all of the previous ST's and all other Mk3's with 18" wheels..

Last edited:
Caporegime
Only had rain and snow since I got them, so can't comment on dry weather capabilities. But they are outstanding in the wet! Handle better in the wet than my old Falkens handled in the dry!!!

Well I have cs2 tyres at present and honestly couldn't fault them hence sticking with Continental.

Associate
Bought this last Friday and loving every minute spent driving it. Its a ST3 on a 60 plate. Its got all the usual's plus Bluetooth (which takes some getting used to).

Fancied a bit of an upgrade and wanted something that had a bit of grunt so after owning a focus previously I thought this ticked all the boxes.

WP_20130314_004_zps3d58f144.jpg

WP_20130314_001_zps0ccacd75.jpg

Soldato

Firstly you definately want to be looking for an ST3 model, second hand the prices are marginal between ST2 and ST3, unless you like the grey/colour cloth combo...

Secondly you want to aim for a 2007 model, which has the smoked headlights it really makes the front end look a lot better.

Thirdly, it looks like this example doesn't even have a pair of matching tyres on any axle, if the guy skimps on tyres, what else has he skimped on? Not bothered with the known oil diaphragm problem?
ford-focus-hatchback-petrol_9682150.jpg

Associate
Bought this last Friday and loving every minute spent driving it. Its a ST3 on a 60 plate. Its got all the usual's plus Bluetooth (which takes some getting used to).

Fancied a bit of an upgrade and wanted something that had a bit of grunt so after owning a focus previously I thought this ticked all the boxes.

Absolutely love the colour, haven't seen many like that round here. Looks like an immaculate example too.

Soldato
Well spotted ross, i did notice that when i looked on the big pics on the site, i saw it on autotrader first of all, pics werent as clear blown up.

Always good to look past a bit of spit and polish!

I'd like to spend no more than 6500 after having a think so looking at cars advertised up to 7k is do-able but not many 2007 models at that point.

Do the 2007 models also have the nicer looking Sony stereo's and red info panels on the instrument clusters instead of retro green?

Associate
Yes, all used ones are currently around the £20k mark anyway so unless loaded with extras it would make more sense to buy new at the moment.

I'm waiting a year or so for them to drop a bit more :p

Soldato
I retired my Octavia vRS today.

Looking for a facelift ST-3, hopefully I can get something well looked after for £10,000. Prices seem to have gone up since last year though. :(

C1pher1 that looks fantastic. The best spec, colour, and door count!

I'm going to have a look at this tomorrow hopefully. Not sure if it's around the right price or not?

Back
Top Bottom