Joys of owning own Business

Soldato
employee was due in at 8:30am today, again a no show. letter sent out to known addresses.

all we can do for now.

I reckon, she knew how upset you'd be by all of this, and purposely set out her plan of attack.

She's probably giggling to herself right this sec.

Fire her ass ! and tell her to never use you as a reference. That'll wipe the smile off her own smart ass face !

Soldato
I reckon, she knew how upset you'd be by all of this, and purposely set out her plan of attack.

She's probably giggling to herself right this sec.

Fire her ass ! and tell her to never use you as a reference. That'll wipe the smile off her own smart ass face !

No, don't tell her not to use you as a reference - just wait until you get a request, state you sacked her and refuse to comment on her ability.

Sorted :p

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Surely by not letting you know where she is and not turning up for work is now disciplinary.

Either way, you still need to cover the work so I would start looking for a replacement cover for the time being and get some advice.

BB x

Soldato
Joy in owning own business!! :rolleyes:

NONE!!! Period. People are pedantic, self righteous dip sticks!!! :mad:

Not to mention your working hours are way past 40 hour week, more like 70+ hour week!!! :eek:

Plus side you know where your money is coming from!! :)

Down side People!!!! :(

aln

aln

Associate

Not to mention your working hours are way past 40 hour week, more like 70+ hour week!!! :eek:

• Not having a boss to answer to.
  • Having effort and talent rewarded directly.
  • Generally making more money.
  • Setting the rules of your workplace.
  • Working when and where you want.
  • Choosing your colleagues.
  • Choosing your customers.

I don't know there seems to be some joy, especially when one garners a bit of success. I'm sure everyones has symapthy for your plight though. :p

Last edited:
Associate
OP
OP did you ever hear from her again?

she has been due to start at 8am or 8:30pm for the past 3 days, heard nothing Mon-Tues.

You have to give a reference by law, if its a negative one it must be 100% truth.

I don't think you do, you can refuse to give a reference, as a bad one could result in the employee not being taken on elsewhere.

me and the wife, 12 hour days, 7-7 5 days a week, plus putting in the hours at weekend.

Soldato
I don't think you do, you can refuse to give a reference, as a bad one could result in the employee not being taken on elsewhere.

I thought that you are not forced to give a reference and you cant give a bad reference anymore just refuse to give one. Again another law that panders to the morons and slackers of society.. :rolleyes:

Edit: Looks like you can but has to be, as stated, 100% Accurate and truthfull as well as not be based on personal opinion.

http://www.totaljobs.com/careers-advice/money-and-legal/references-faq

Last edited:
Soldato
I thought that you are not forced to give a reference and you cant give a bad reference anymore just refuse to give one. Again another law that panders to the morons and slackers of society.. :rolleyes:

Edit: Looks like you can but has to be, as stated, 100% Accurate and truthfull as well as not be based on personal opinion.

http://www.totaljobs.com/careers-advice/money-and-legal/references-faq

Yes, you can give a truthful reference.

Would you employ this person again.... NO, poor attendance.

Job done and you can back it up with facts.

Associate
this kinda of crap is what is preventing me from making the leap from freelancer to company. I'm neck deep with client work and have considered tasking on staff and hiring others to work for me. But these sorts of issues scare the crap out of me.

Back
Top Bottom