New Build, Pass judgement on this please.

Associate
Well, my trusty Striker 2 Extreme looks like it's finally bitten the dust, it went BSOD and even the most determined efforts to recover the system failed. At least I managed to recover my data and files.

Anyway s, the new build. Please give me an answer on any potential issues that you may for-see. (Apart from a very big hole in my pocket), and anything you would change from the below list.
Some items I will be re-using from my existing now dead rig, these are also listed below.

ASUS Rampage IV Extreme Intel X79 (Socket 2011) DDR3 Motherboard
Intel i7-3930K C2 Stepping processor
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]G Skill[/SIZE][/FONT]DDR3-2133 PC3 17000 32GB(4GB x 8) CL 9-11-10-28-2N 1.65V
XFX 1000W Black Edition Pro '80+ Platinum' Certified Modular Power Supply
Asus Xonar Essence STX Sound Card
Microsoft Windows 8 Pro 64-Bit DVD - OEM (FQC-05955)
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]2[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]x [/SIZE]Intel SSD 520 Series 2.5 inch 240GB 6GB/S MLC OEM 25nm Solid State Drive (RAID 0)[/SIZE][/FONT]
EK Supremacy Elite Socket 2011
New 1/2" Tubing throughout
New O rings on any fittings

Reusing the following components:

2 x MSI N580GTX Lightning Xtreme Edition 3GB (SLi)
ThermoChil PA120.3
D5 vario Pump
EK Res X2
EK Supremacy Elite Socket 2011
Pioneer BDR 208DBK
Possibly my watercooled Gainward 9800GTX+ (PhysX)

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Ermmm, my ram choice at the moment is 4 x 8GB.

Well, by the looks of the lack of responses, my choices should be good.
Time to start ordering soon, already ordered the water block, Windows 8, an Akasa 3.5" to dual 2.5" HDD carriage
XFX 1000W Black Edition Pro '80+ Platinum' Certified Modular Power Supply
Asus Xonar Essence STX Sound Card

The case is my existing Lian-Li v2000 which has the rad, pump and PSU in the bottom and the mobo at the top, plenty of space and cooling.

Associate
OP
When I finally start building and overclocking whatever I get, I'll have to take some pics etc and post in the project logs section of the forums. Should end up being quite a decent PC.

Associate
OP
Quite true, I think I may still stick with the Intels as the Sammy's are ever so slightly sl;ower, but without actually trying both I doubt they would be any difference between the two. The Intel's are currently swaying me with their 5 year warranty.

Soldato
Quite true, I think I may still stick with the Intels as the Sammy's are ever so slightly sl;ower, but without actually trying both I doubt they would be any difference between the two. The Intel's are currently swaying me with their 5 year warranty.

i have the samsung 830 and am very pleased but what you say is correct you wont..really notice the difference and also 5 year warranty is AWESOME

Associate
OP
Damn damn damn damn, placed an order for two Intel SSD'd this morning and Overclockers promptly sell the Samsungs on their Thursday weekly deals!, If I had just waited a little longer.....

Soldato
Damn damn damn damn, placed an order for two Intel SSD'd this morning and Overclockers promptly sell the Samsungs on their Thursday weekly deals!, If I had just waited a little longer.....

yeah the samsungs are pretty nice but tbh you wont notice much of a difference speed wise yes there is one but in use you wont notice plus i believe the intel ones have a 5 year warranty which is pretty awesome

Associate
Yeah this brings back memories!
It now has 2 x Geforce GTX Titan Blacks 6GB, has been running overclocked all these years on the latest Win 10 Pro up to date and this is what I am using to reply to this thread.
Oh, I forgot my original password, so have had to create a new user to log in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom