HTC Desire help!

Soldato
So, I got a sim from Three at the start of the week, it's a monthly rolling contract.

It's been a couple of days and I still have no 3G or any data connection at all. I can make phone calls and such, but no data.

Three have confirmed everything on the account is as it should be...

Mobile Network is ticked (use mobile data network when wifi is unavailable). But still nothing and only signal bars showing.

Any ideas?

Soldato
OP
Just checked, nothing there, I then manually entered and saved, but then once saved, it just goes back to a blank screen? So it's not keeping the APN settings.

Associate
I get this or something similar on my HTC Desire... If I make sure Mobile Internet is enabled, I have to reboot the phone for it to take effect! Get's a bit boring after a while having to reboot the phone each time. Never bothered looking in to it though, so will be interested to see what you find.

Soldato
OP
Sounds like you're not actually saving the APN to me. You need to actually press menu and click "save" IIRC.

Thats just it though, I do click save, it doesn't, I installed giffgaff via wireless and after adding that to APN's through the app, thats not even there...

Nothing will save in the APN settings so this could be the problem. I have done a full factory reset and still have the issue.

Soldato
OP
How very odd!!! As soon as I changed the MNC number from 20 to 15 (which is what 3's APN setting is) it wouldn't allow a save.

Found this out by simply entering each required field one by one and saving it each time. Last setting was the MNC number, entered, saved, no APN settings.

Left it at 20, tested and working fine... How very odd?

Back
Top Bottom