Video Editing Software

Soldato
Hey guys :)

I've started recently making some Youtube videos for my EVE Corp channel. I was wondering if anyone here could suggest what editing software to use?

The footage will be recorded by the likes of Bandicam, or maybe FRAPS. Not quite sure what codec I will be using.

I'm looking for some quite basic software that will just allow me to cut out video segments, add MP3 format music, smoothen out any discrepences and make a decent game stream footage.

My budget is about £30 and I was looking at Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD, but unsure if it can use PC recorded footage rather than a film from a camera?

Soldato
As you have a 2500K and quicksync support. I would personally look at buying software that supports using it. Roxio creator does use QS along with Cyberlink Powerdirector, google for a list of supported software. I should imagine each as a free trial (ie Demo) for you to try before you buy.

I know Avidemux is free. I haven't used it in donkeys so can't recall if it does everything you need. Worth having a look though I suppose.

Soldato
OP
Looks like a bit off a rip off if with the standard version you can only make 10 videos? That said the version im looking at isnt on there lol.

Associate
Lightworks is free (everyone forgets about it) but was in beta the last time I frapsed eve. The free version has somewhat restricted format support now but you could always finish a project then convert it to mkv using one of the many free encoders around.

Vegas is more streamlined, but it also costs. Plus the cheapest doesn't have gpu support.

Just another option.

Back
Top Bottom