Dungeons and Dragons Online

Soldato
I take it the island area is really just a tutorial island yeah? I think ive done all the quests there but still lvl1. (maybe 4 or 5) Also where can i get clothes, weapons and stuff? the general vendor doesnt sell that much?

Soldato
Ur main avenue for weapons and armour will be what you loot or what you can find in the auction houses, the brokers in the main area sometime have some good stuff, as for being lvl1 after doing all 8/9 quests on korthos, that shouldnt really be, did you talk to your class trainer to lvl up?

Edit: you will know as your xp bar at the bottom of the screen would be blue if you are rdy to lvl up and if you havent spent any you would have 4 action points to spend as well, (4 ranks to each lvl)

Last edited:
Soldato
i think im lvl1 rank 3. Theres no more yellow goblet people left that i can see :) unless you mean doing the same quest but at a higher difficulty level? Quests were easy peasy for a rogue too (albeit on normal)

ill jump on tmw and wander aboot!

Soldato
There's a quest that sends you out into the wilderness, where you'll find a lot more in the way of dungeons. I think it's the one where you're alone in the inn, defending against sauhagin.

Soldato
I know that when I first started playing a year or so ago, people recommended that you stay on and around that island, until you could do the quests on 'hard', which in some places is just silly.

But yeah, there is a lot more to do on Korthos, and if you need help, just shout, I'm sure one of us can find our way there to give you a lil hand.

Soldato
ahh yeah exploring the rest of the island - on the quest to rescue some villagers from the eastern part of the island (the aqueduct)

it seems i get an action point for each rank (5 for each level) any tips on what to spend em in for an assassin type rogue? I think i just preselected the dark path template.
Dual wielding rapiers atm :D how do you set a hotbutton for fighting with both swords though? i can only drop 1 sword into the button slots. So if im changing from bow to swords i need to go into inventory atm

Also how do you improve char stats? my charisma is 8....that just doesnt seem right at all... :p

Soldato
If ur a rogue then charisma isnt a must, handy to have for the umd, but with hirelings now-a-days not essential as for your rapiers, when ur in ur inv you will see the green squares below ur stuff, click and drag a rapier then the other into teh same square then drag that onto ur hotbar, cant say off hand what you will need for assassin as i went mechanic with my rogue, ( its 4 ap per lvl by the way ) easiest to see what you need is to click the show all enhancemnets and scroll down to see what you need at lvl 6 for the 1st assassin prestige.

Soldato
annoying! end of a quest - incapacitated and apparently a hireling can stabilize me before i die but the hireling i had hired was a barbarian (and useless! they would just stand there and do nothing) so guess not. ******** have to do it all again..... any perma penalties for being killed?

Soldato
Yeah, you get less xp at the end if you have to re-enter after ressing. Always take a cleric hireling, I find them the most use. And make sure you set them to 'active' via their ability bar, or they just stand around like knob ends while you're getting hammered.

You start to know after a while which adventures are no-go single player. Normally the game will tell you, but occasionally there's one marked as ok to solo and it turns out to be an absolute bugger.

Soldato
well thats korthos done. Well on normal anyway. Snow is gone ;) lvl 2

i am very dissapointed that a crappy hat will appear on my head but when i put on a cloak nothing! bah! Limitations of the engine i suppose :/

Quests were very easy with a cleric tagging along. what now? think i got to 240 odd mindless killing on orthos. One of the quests i climbed up these boxes (henton one or whatever his name is) because there was a ladder above but protected by a forcefield and for the life of me i couldnt find the stupid hidden lever. Not sure what the range for search is for that. I do like that unless you do search the lever/trap thing is invisible (obvious but good feature)

Only have 37 turbine points thought you got turbine points for completing quests?

Soldato
I think that trapdoor in the ceiling is a leftover from an earlier version of the adventure, I don't think it can be opened anymore.

Turbine points are incredibly hard to get in my experience, you only get them for faction increases, and faction goes up very slowly early on in the game.

Soldato
if its ur very 1st character on that server you should get pts for reaching, milestones in
favour, thinks its 25,50, 100 then very 100, cant remember exactly how much you get but it will be more than the 25pts i get per 100.

Soldato
Turbine points come from gaining favour, each quest has a base favour, which is modified based on the difficulty (press P to bring up the page). It takes a while, but you get there pretty quickly, once you get the hang of it. Of course, at higher levels, it gets MUCH harder.. and today, the lag is just too annoying for me to do anything *mutter mutter*

Soldato
I think that trapdoor in the ceiling is a leftover from an earlier version of the adventure, I don't think it can be opened anymore

haha thats a relief it was doing my head in thinking how to get in there.

hrmm wait theres a trapdoor in Henton's area which i couldnt reach but i also mean the magic forcefield in the ceiling which you can see when you climb boxes to it. I guess both are just leftovers from previous builds?

Associate
Used to play regularly and loved it but have very little free time nowadays which is a shame. If I return to any MMO it is likely to be this though.....

Back
Top Bottom