Retro console and games thread

Soldato
would love to do this to my snes i just got :) looks BRILLIANT with the RGB Svideo cable i have for my N64, but got to hate them borders :(

so much for not getting anything else......looked on ebay this morning and someone was selling a crystal xbox package + games in the village i work in with 6 days left...offered them £15 and i collect tuesday before work, they said yes....WIN! :D

Frodo - thanks for the offer on the xbox buddy, but i think i am sorted now :)

Associate
I see, cool :)

so the region lockout does the JAP carts actually fit the UK SNES? or does it only work for US games or something?

The other way round, japanese carts fit fine as they are the same size and shape as pal carts, its US carts that don't fit but you can cut the cart slot so they fit or use a converter if like me you would rather not cut the snes.

Soldato
so its possible to play jap and us games on a uk snes, brilliant!!

Not all will work with the region lock disabled, any advanced lockout protected game won't boot (Kirby superstar, Mario RPG & a few others I can't remember).

Also need the 60Hz switch, or they will just play in 50Hz.

Switch method is outdated anyway.

SuperCIC is now the best for imports. Much nicer solution, everything works (including the advanced lockout games). Automatic frequency switch after 10 seconds to get around the boot check, can be paired up with the IGR chip so can reset the console from controller & switch mode from controller if you want.

Associate
proper nutters will pay a small fortune for a 32x....i would love one but they are just totally out of my price range these days. should defo fetch you a few quid

How much do you think I could get? It's a US unit but they're region free (I'm going to add a region switch to it)

50Hz/60Hz switch, so the console is no longer an abomination.
Region lockout on/off.

I've only done the 50/60Hz mod, no region lockout fixing (yet).

I just don't use either that much.

Soldato
Bought resident evil 1,2,4 and zero off eBay last night for the gamecube for £45 I really need to delete this eBay app on my phone. I wanted resident evil 2 but bidding on that on its own was £27 then I spotted a listing for that lot and nobody bidded apart from myself.That will be 3 copies of resident evil 1 I have but I will just sell then on to fund resident evil 3 nemesis

Soldato
Picked up a few games courtesy of thepigfamer (on here):

RetroGames1_zps6eec93af.jpg

Shenmue II looks brand new.

RetroGames2_zps1bd8c382.jpg

I now have both... :D

I had forgotten how unforgiving the licence tests were in GT1.

Soldato
dam this thread!! I've open an ebay account again, I cancelled my last one as it got hacked and its been years since I've had one.

Now I'm shopping for old games that I've given away/sold on/binned years ago.

Back
Top Bottom