Use of personal computer without permission

Associate
Hi all,

My partner left her job yesterday, not on the best of terms unfortunately, but was not able to clear all of her possessions before the director insisted on closing up and leaving. We therefore came back this morning to pick up the last of her possessions, including her personal computer which she had (generously) agreed to use at the place of work as her personal workstation. The director had said that they would be in from 8 am and so we duly arrived to pick the computer up just before 8 am this morning; it had been unplugged and moved. Upon getting home, she noticed that her recycle bin had been emptied and on checking the event log, the computer had been turned on at 7 am this morning. The directors had asked her to delete all work related software the previous day, and watched her whilst she did so, and therefore they had no need to use it without permission this morning.

Does any body know the legal standpoint on this? They've treated her pretty poorly and so if I can make them squirm a little then I would like to. If I'd found someone had snooped through my machine for no reason and without permission then I'd be pretty angry...

Thanks.

Permabanned
SCREW THE DIRECTOR!!1

Write to them threatening immediate legal action followed by nuclear salvo if they do not offer an explanation, apology and restitution.

Man of Honour
Unfortunatly unless you have actual evidence you will get nowhere other than waste a lot of your own time.

I would also do a search for all files modified/written in the last couple of days or so just incase they have done something malicious.

Associate
OP
Thanks for all the suggestions folks. I shall decorate his new mercedes before attempting to reorient the Asian missile crisis in his general direction. Best get to practicing my Korean :)

Back
Top Bottom