Citrix XenApp

Soldato
Hate, hate, hate this thing with a passion! I have to log into my PC, then use citrix to log into a remote desktop, then use citrix again to load the actual application I need. Grade-A stupid.

Anyway ... Anyway to get this remote desktop running in a window instead of fullscreen?. I still have to use stuff on this actual machine and I have been logging in to citrix, then using ctrl-alt-del>task manager to switch between it and my "real" desktop. It is soooo slow.

Xez

Xez

Associate
Sounds to me like it is setup completely wrong! We use it and although it can be a little slow to start up it is seamless. You can typically set the application to open full screen or a certain resolution which will be controlled through the management console.

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
When you connect to the remote desktop, before you click connect hit Options, go to the display tab and choose a resolution to open the session with.

Permabanned
Sounds to me like it is setup completely wrong! We use it and although it can be a little slow to start up it is seamless. You can typically set the application to open full screen or a certain resolution which will be controlled through the management console.

Correct.

Citrix is a great product.

Soldato
Hate, hate, hate this thing with a passion! I have to log into my PC, then use citrix to log into a remote desktop, then use citrix again to load the actual application I need. Grade-A stupid.

Anyway ... Anyway to get this remote desktop running in a window instead of fullscreen?. I still have to use stuff on this actual machine and I have been logging in to citrix, then using ctrl-alt-del>task manager to switch between it and my "real" desktop. It is soooo slow.

Why don't you just ask them to publish the application you want to use? :confused:
Citrix is now designed around seamless apps opposed to publishing out full desktops so it might be worth taking a look at the estate (assuming you are in IT)

Soldato
OP
Why don't you just ask them to publish the application you want to use? :confused:
Citrix is now designed around seamless apps opposed to publishing out full desktops so it might be worth taking a look at the estate (assuming you are in IT)

I'm not in IT. It's an app I use to access tracking data for parcels. (work for a delivery firm). It has taken me about a year to get access to it as it replaces an older one. The IT is outsourced and getting things done can be slow, mainly because its so hard to explain why we need access to something.

I found a work around though. When I load the citrix icon on my "real" desktop, it opens a web page. Inside that I found a settings page that let me set it to a window smaller than my desktop, so can at least treat it like a virtual machine.

Back
Top Bottom