***Gym Exercise Guide, and Form Discussion/Feedback***

Associate
Well to keep the core tight during this, is taking a deep breath sufficient? Pulling the elbows back will also keep the shoulders tight and by turning the knees out and that should be it?

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
This video was posted a while back and seems relevant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJX1CyjbMic

One thing that was not mentioned in the video is that after taking a big breath and letting the stomach expand you should tighten up all the muscles of the abs like you're anticipating someone punching you in the stomach before dropping down into the squat. That is what we were trying to demonstrate when Ernie was hitting Shaheen in the stomach before he went down.

Man of Honour
OP
Well to keep the core tight during this, is taking a deep breath sufficient? Pulling the elbows back will also keep the shoulders tight and by turning the knees out and that should be it?
How do you suppose that taking a breath will tighten your lats and pelvic floor, to name two obvious ones...?

Caporegime
Have a question, medication I'm now on. Gonna make me fat.

Is it ok to stick a bout of cardio in after doing weights or will it **** up the muscles recovery/growth?

Ta

Associate

Is it ok to stick a bout of cardio in after doing weights or will it **** up the muscles recovery/growth?

Ta

screw the cardio...if you gaining weight just eat less:D

Just think back to cals in v's energy out scenario.

Man of Honour
OP

Ta
Nothing wrong with a bit of cardio, but I'd look at tweaking your diet to allow you to burn a good amount of fat.

This is the first time I've said this on here, but it might be worth looking at some form of CBL.
Form on these three please?

Primarily for the 110 Squat.

<3
90 - bad, you're tipping your centre of mass forward.

100 - better

110 - pretty good! Little bit high but this is still a relatively new style so ill let you off. Couple of things to tweak, we need your hips to consistently hit the same position at the bottom.

Caporegime
BAH! Thought it was a good crack :p

The stupid bar down the side of the rack doesn't help judging depth either.

So, tweaks? with regards to the hip, are you referring to tilt or where it sits between my feet?

Soldato
In the gym at the moment. Just done a set. I'm trying not to tilt my pelvis forward when I descend but it looks like it's happening as I go down anyway. How can I 'sit back' without tilting my pelvis?

Back
Top Bottom