Guild Wars 2

Associate
Downloading this again gave up after a few hours as wasn't in the right state of mind. Is there much PVE endgame content? Also I remember being worried about the lack of skills and it felt like most of the time it was just a spam fest. Is this the case?

Soldato
Haven't played this for a while but I'm going to pick it up again shortly with a couple of friends. We're all going to start new characters. They're probably going to be a thief and an elementalist. I was thinking that warrior might be a good class to support their choices. I tried guardian very briefly but it seemed a little dull. Does it pick up at all?

The Guardian would be a great class to support the group, they have plenty of buffs and heals with some top notch DPS. I would also recommend the Engineer, that class is by far the best fun, most versatile and can fill any role (solo/group).

Associate
Would a group with thief/elementalist/mesmer work? Would we not need something a bit tankish?

With two squishies yes, a meat shield/heavy is preferable. I.e. the Guardian.

It's by no means a hrad and fast rule though, just preferable in some sitautions. In PVE you won't have any problems with 2-3 light/medium armour classes. In some dungeons and Fractals you will find it easier with a heavy at some points.

I run a condition mesmer as my main with lots of toughness. Makes me far more durable. I cope pretty well in dungeons, even with light armour.

Last edited:
Associate
With two squishies yes, a meat shield/heavy is preferable. I.e. the Guardian.

It's by no means a hrad and fast rule though, just preferable in some sitautions. In PVE you won't have any problems with 2-3 light/medium armour classes. In some dungeons and Fractals you will find it easier with a heavy at some points.

I run a condition mesmer as my main with lots of toughness. Makes me far more durable. I cope pretty well in dungeons, even with light armour.

I think I'm leaning towards Guardian now anyway. It really depends on what the others choose. The guy I think is going to play elementalist hasn't completely decided yet - there's a small chance he might pick a warrior in which case I'd go mesmer instead.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Either with Gems from the store for a chance at a random F&F dye, or buy them with gold from the TP.

They are expensive atm though due to being new and RNG.

Cost me about 35g for Charred, Flame, and Molten dyes.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Haha, nah I'm skint now. Down to about 10g... mainly due to buying random crap like this :D

I'll never get a legendary as I fritter money away all the time >_<

Annoying thing is I really want a pair of Molten Axes to go with it, but sod RNG from BLC, people using like 100 keys to get 1 token... which is insane...

Associate
Well, I've got my Abyssal Scepter and Spirit Links focus now. I think a Legendary will be on the horizon provided I don't fritter my money away too, like you say!

I'm just going to let it happen naturally over time and not beat myself up over it. Plus as it goes, the Bifrost is what I was after but the more I look at it, its animations (not really noticeable and barely any decent trail) its fairly common appearance in the game now and the effort involved to make it, I'm not sure I want it anymore at all. *sigh* *dunno*.

Back
Top Bottom